Davis Signs With Baltimore (7/$161M, incl $42M deferred)

TonySoprano

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's all consider this boys. Chris Davis would be a Yankee or Redsox in normal free agent years. He also would have received alot more than 161 million if those teams were involved. We don't know if anyone else made a offer to Chris. Let's think positive and pray that this deal will work out. Now that we have Chris signed, the Orioles need to keep improving the team since they have alot of holes to fill. I won't be happy if the Orioles stop spending money and call it a off season.

I wasn't predicting this, but I must admit that I was clearly wrong in my interpretation of how Buck's little speech would be felt by CD. I am also amazed he was eventually signed for slightly more than the original offer. Of course anyone here who now writes that they thought he would be signed but for a little more than 154 is going to be asked for a link to the prediction.

I am pretty shocked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought he'd sign elsewhere for a little less than Orioles offer. I didn't think he'd sign for less than that in Baltimore.

This franchise needs pitching, Mancini and Walker make good bait for solid or better pitching prospects. They are studs and should fetch a handsome return. I'm sure most scouts rate them as jewels

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You would be wrong. Walker isn't even a top prospect and the view on Mancini overall is not positive. Mancini needs to show again this year that he is good before being a top prospect. Walker is a 3rd piece in a 3 or 4 player deal.

What do we think of the no trade? Honestly, I would prefer to give a player opt out, especially at reduced dollars, than a no trade. Davis could be a nice trade trip if the O's go south. Now that we cost ourselves a draft pick, that would have been a nice source of prospects. We could regret the no trade more than the dollars.

Not excited about NTC But it is mostly meaningless because who would really want to trade for that contract.

I love Chris Davis but this is foolish. I'd much rather have Cespedes.

We need a LH bat.

We need walks.

Without Davis, even if we signed Cespdes, wo would probably been the most right handed team in MLB and potentially put up historically low walk totals.

I agree the price was too high, don't get me wrong, but Davis fills a huge need on this team.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

That doesn't make any difference, just ask the Phillies how easy it has been for them to trade their Chris Davis.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/KenWeinmanSport">@KenWeinmanSport</a> which isn't a real big deal. 10-5 kicks in during the deal anyway. People can stop freaking out over this.</p>— Andrew Stetka (@AStetka) <a href="

">January 16, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived