The start of the decline

Pedro Cerrano

What about the team is so different right now than 48 hours ago?

The answer is absolutely nothing. Two losses. Frustrating ones sure, but it doesn't change what this team is, which is a team that'll be within 4-5 games of .500 give or take.

What is different now is that history is again repeating itself. We start off playing well and then throw together a few horrible losses and the whole thing comes unraveled. What is so wrong about stating that which has led to so much negative responses?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What about the team is so different right now than 48 hours ago?

The answer is absolutely nothing. Two losses. Frustrating ones sure, but it doesn't change what this team is, which is a team that'll be within 4-5 games of .500 give or take.

OMG. Scott Williamson went on the DL:eek: . He must have been our only hope of winning the world series this season:) .

Yankee fans are fretting out a helluvalot more than we are and they deserve to since there bullpen is nearly 3 games away from matching their inning total from last year (note:sarcasm).

This board cracks me up.

On Sunday, we were heading for the playoffs...Today we are done.

Today, Trachsel is the greatest pitcher ever...In a few weeks, everyone will hate him.

One day Miggy can't hit in the clutch...Next month, we will be writing about how great he is.

Why do you guys do this every year?

This board cracks me up.

Today, Trachsel is the greatest pitcher ever...In a few weeks, everyone will hate him.

One day Miggy can't hit in the clutch...Next month, we will be writing about how great he is.

haha...cause we're all sick.

This board cracks me up.

All I've said is that in these past two games I have seen things eerily similar to the past. Does anybody here want to refute the statement that the O's M.O. for the past few seasons has been to start off well, throw together a few lousy losses, and watch those losses snowball to the grand result of another disappointing season?

If not, then I do not see how anyone can get on my case for starting this thread.

What is different now is that history is again repeating itself. We start off playing well and then throw together a few horrible losses and the whole thing comes unraveled. What is so wrong about stating that which has led to so much negative responses?

Nothing wrong with it, people just don't like a wet blanket, is all. Most of us, while recognizing the flaws on our team, still need to believe that we have a chance at winning, a chance maybe to make the playoffs, to really enjoy the season. It's still so early that we can say, 'A 2 game losing skid ain't nothing to sweat'. That's all.

All I've said is that in these past two games I have seen things eerily similar to the past?

Saying these losses are eerily similar to the past and saying that these losses WILL be the thing that throws our season down the toilet are two very different things.

No games in April are season-changing games, unless they involve season-ending injuries to star players.

Mora won't be benched. No way Perlozzo will do that.

I'd sure as hell have him riding the pine for a game or two, this is freakin' ridiculous. Actually I'd probably bench Mora, Tejada and Roberts for the last two games. I expect better out of these three.

One mistake = stern talking to; multiple aggregious mistakes and copping an attitude with teammates and the media afterwards = benching. There needs to be some proportionality. Roberts played very good heads up baseball last night in his return from the flu and made only one mistake tonight. It was bad, but it was only one and he wasn't the only player who didn't do the right thing on the play. Tejada wasn't the main culprit but he has a pattern of not covering bases, not hustling. I think he deserves a warning, but not a benching at this point. Mora is the one who needs to be made an example of right now because he has contributed greatly to two consecutive losses with his mental and physical mistakes and shown a complete lack of humility or accountability for it. I'm saying this only based on the last two games, not a comment on Melvin in general, but right now he needs to be reigned in for the good of the team and himself.

This board cracks me up.

We're totally bi-polar.

You gotta duck around here to miss the pendulum as it swings back and forth...

Your original post:

There have been times in the past where the O's have started off hot and then suddenly, you check the paper and they are 10 games below .500. You can't quite put your finger on where it went wrong.

Well this Oakland series will be it for this year. Two awful performances in back to back games. We played so well against Toronto and then mail it in against an Oakland team that isn't that good.

Just remember these two games come July 31 when we are wondering what players the O's are going to trade for the "future".

This is why people are getting on your case. You basically declared that this season is going to be exactly like the others, we will end up at below .500 and this is where it starts. Furthermore, since we will be able to point to this series as where we started to decline, I'm going to assume that you meant we will be playing <.500 ball from here on out. You practically declared the season over and done with.

Mora won't be benched. No way Perlozzo will do that.

I'd sure as hell have him riding the pine for a game or two, this is freakin' ridiculous. Actually I'd probably bench Mora, Tejada and Roberts for the last two games. I expect better out of these three.

No way should Mora be "benched". He should be given a day off, because he's old and needs more rest than guys to stay fresh. Tomorrow would have been a great day for that, but I doubt we'll see it. But to sit him down for a game or multiple games because of a couple mistakes is a bit silly.

I'd rest him for a game sometime the next few games, but wouldn't punish him and bench him for an extended period. That would be counterproductive.

Saying these losses are eerily similar to the past and saying that these losses WILL be the thing that throws our season down the toilet are two very different things.

No games in April are season-changing games, unless they involve season-ending injuries to star players.

You should tell the last few Orioles' teams that (not counting 2005 of course).

All I've said is that in these past two games I have seen things eerily similar to the past. Does anybody here want to refute the statement that the O's M.O. for the past few seasons has been to start off well, throw together a few lousy losses, and watch those losses snowball to the grand result of another disappointing season?

If not, then I do not see how anyone can get on my case for starting this thread.

Well that's not all you said, and actually, this isn't that eerily similiar to the past imo.

Archived