The start of the decline

Pedro Cerrano

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with you...I am sick and tired of the same old BS....they've had their heads up their asses the last two games, in games THEY SHOULD HAVE WON.

IMO, the only reason we swept that series with the Jays was because we took advantage of their injuries and them having to change their lineup a bit....what a freakin' joke. I'm sick of it.

This team is not great, and from now on I'm just not going to get all happy and have a freakin pep in my step when this team strings a few victories in a row. We're going to be far uglier than we will be prettier this year. Bank on it.

Come on Tejada TF. This is only two games that were lost to the A's. It can be frustrating I guess but there is still a lot of ball to play. You can't count the season as being down the tubes because of two games. Even if there were mental errors. This team hasn't mailed it in. You as an O's fan shouldn't either.

I'm calling it right now. We come out flat against Boston, probably lose both of those, and then suddenly more and more people will start complaining about losing four in a row. Sprinkle in a few wins amongst the losses while Boston and New York keep winning.

Then we'll hear this one: "Oh the season is over! It's only May!"

But, by October, I'm fairly sure which line of thinking would have been correct, way back in April.

Knew this was going to happen. Optimists that love to use to poke fun at people for overreacting. Did you peopel actually watch these games? Have you people watched this team the last few years? They always look great, then play a few miserable games which starts an eventual decline.

Also, forest leech, show me a playoff team that has lost back to back games in this fashion. Guaranteed it doesn't happen very often.

Oh, like the doom and gloomers don't love to rub things in optimists faces. It goes both ways man. It's okay to be negative, but don't get all "SEASON OVER" after a two game slide. Let it get worse before you totally write them off.

I admit it doesn't look good, but you said it yourself: overreacting.

Also, forest leech, show me a playoff team that has lost back to back games in this fashion. Guaranteed it doesn't happen very often.

I don't see how you could possibly think that good teams are immune to a few bad games. The Yankees just got swept. They also lost a series to us. And yet, big shocker here, they aren't being counted out yet!

I don't see how you could possibly think that good teams are immune to a few bad games. The Yankees just got swept. They also lost a series to us. And yet, big shocker here, they aren't being counted out yet!

The 83 Orioles hit a horrendous skid mid season.

That's because over the long run they are and will be a better team then we are.

Wow, you're really going way out on a limb predicting we're not going to be in the playoffs right there. You're acting like The Orioles were a 100+ win team two days ago, and these two losses against Oakland all of a sudden change the team into a 100+ loss team.

Just when it looks like we might have turned the corner, the same ole Orioles rear their heads.

How can Miggy, Brob, and Tejada be so lazy, unmotivated, and non-fundamental after last night?

This is why Perlozzo has to go. He isn't able to get players to play fundamental baseball. Its time to bench players for lazy, bonehead play. We lose their way, why not try a new way.

And the worst thing is that 30,000 Red Sox fans are comin in here for the next 2 days and will mock us while they sweep us.

I can't stand watching these same players year after year play with such laziness and lack of fundamentals.

Miggy AND Tejada?!:eek: I can't believe they're both doing it!;) I know I always defend Roberts, but he made one bad decision which ended up being a killer. I'll wait to see what he has to say about that play before hanging him out on the cross. He did show a little hustle on a couple of other plays. With Miggy and Mora it's a little more of a habit and Mora's comments/behavior after last night and complete dogging it after booting the DP ball in the first should result in a one day benching for him, while the rest of the team just needs to be read the riot act. But the riot act needs to be read loudly and they all need to be warned that they're next in line to be benched if they don't shape up. It'll be interesting to see what the "great clubhouse leader" Kevin Millar has to say after this.

Wedge, have you ever known me as a doom and gloomer on this board? All I'm saying is that I anticipate being below .500 again come October and I think we will be able to point to this series as the start of what went wrong.

Then I get crucified for it, saying I'm overreacting by people that have six posts on this board. Give me a break.

There have been times in the past where the O's have started off hot and then suddenly, you check the paper and they are 10 games below .500. You can't quite put your finger on where it went wrong.

Well this Oakland series will be it for this year. Two awful performances in back to back games. We played so well against Toronto and then mail it in against an Oakland team that isn't that good.

Just remember these two games come July 31 when we are wondering what players the O's are going to trade for the "future".

Dude its April. Whether the team is 5 games above .500 or below, it's just April. I seriously wonder about the mental states of some people...

Archived