The start of the decline

Pedro Cerrano

There have been times in the past where the O's have started off hot and then suddenly, you check the paper and they are 10 games below .500. You can't quite put your finger on where it went wrong.

Well this Oakland series will be it for this year. Two awful performances in back to back games. We played so well against Toronto and then mail it in against an Oakland team that isn't that good.

Just remember these two games come July 31 when we are wondering what players the O's are going to trade for the "future".

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, come on. Who knows, we could be like that team in the 80's I think that lost 9 in a row and then won 12 in a row (Toronto?)...which still isn't great, I realize, but you just never know.... I still think we're good enough to make it interesting.

Just when it looks like we might have turned the corner, the same ole Orioles rear their heads.

How can Miggy, Brob, and Tejada be so lazy, unmotivated, and non-fundamental after last night?

This is why Perlozzo has to go. He isn't able to get players to play fundamental baseball. Its time to bench players for lazy, bonehead play. We lose their way, why not try a new way.

And the worst thing is that 30,000 Red Sox fans are comin in here for the next 2 days and will mock us while they sweep us.

I can't stand watching these same players year after year play with such laziness and lack of fundamentals.

Playoff teams NEVER lose two games in a row. I'm pretty sure it has never happened in the history of the game, if some stat guys want to back me up on that one as there may have been a few. Season over guys, see ya next year!

I hope to God Buddha and Allah you're being facetious.

There have been times in the past where the O's have started off hot and then suddenly, you check the paper and they are 10 games below .500. You can't quite put your finger on where it went wrong.

Well this Oakland series will be it for this year. Two awful performances in back to back games. We played so well against Toronto and then mail it in against an Oakland team that isn't that good.

Just remember these two games come July 31 when we are wondering what players the O's are going to trade for the "future".

Yeah, because losing two games in a row means we are done for the season:rolleyes: .

You probably though the decline started when we lost 3 straight to the Twins.:rolleyes:

If Sam rips into the guys before this Boston series, we still have a shot at taking at least one of the games. Considering Boston has owned us for the past 6 years at Fenway South, and Sam is "Mr. Nice Guy" we'll be on a 4 game losing streak headed to Cleveland.

Just when it looks like we might have turned the corner, the same ole Orioles rear their heads.

How can Miggy, Brob, and Tejada be so lazy, unmotivated, and non-fundamental after last night?

This is why Perlozzo has to go. He isn't able to get players to play fundamental baseball. Its time to bench players for lazy, bonehead play. We lose their way, why not try a new way.

And the worst thing is that 30,000 Red Sox fans are comin in here for the next 2 days and will mock us while they sweep us.

I can't stand watching these same players year after year play with such laziness and lack of fundamentals.

Are you too good to rant in the other "the sky is falling" threads?

Knew this was going to happen. Optimists that love to use to poke fun at people for overreacting. Did you peopel actually watch these games? Have you people watched this team the last few years? They always look great, then play a few miserable games which starts an eventual decline.

Also, forest leech, show me a playoff team that has lost back to back games in this fashion. Guaranteed it doesn't happen very often.

Last year we started off well if you recall. I remember taking 2 of 3 from Cleveland and 3 of 4 from the Angels, two teams far better than us (even though Cleveland finished poorly last year).

Then we saw all kinds of stupid plays. Javy passing Miggy on the home run that wasn't. Mora tagging up from 3rd and being thrown out at home in the 9th inning down by two runs. Todd Williams trying to IBB Miguel Cabrera and giving up an RBI single.

We played really, really stupid ball and then it seemed like the team was ready to give up, so early in the season. They stopped playing good ball, stopped beating good teams, and went on to complete our ninth straight losing season.

Games like these make me completely forget that we just swept Toronto, and that we've had two four-game win streaks this year, and that our bullpen is the best in the AL. I had high hopes for this team this season. I thought a .500 record should be the least we could accomplish. But, after watching these past two games, I remember we have the same group of idiots from last year who give away games with things that major league players just shouldn't be doing.

I know I know, it's still early. But right now, .500 is looking a lot farther away than it did at the start of the season.

Archived