The start of the decline

Pedro Cerrano

There is truth to this. tHey will play better.

You've said this the last few years and it wasn't true. What makes this time any different?

Thae starters will start going deeper, the hitter WILL get their clutch hits, it is a marathon not a sprint yadda yadda yadda....

You don't sound too convinced there. And there is no guarantee the hitters will start getting clutch hits. It could very well be a down year for our offense.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TTF must be feeling good about himself right now.....

Man, this team is so easy to predict....did anyone really think they'd would right this ship after that Oakland series...I think Bedard will pitch well tomorrow...but this could be a sweep, if we don't score some runs for Bedard tomorrow.

TTF must be feeling good about himself right now.....

Man, this team is so easy to predict....did anyone really think they'd would right this ship after that Oakland series...I think Bedard will pitch well tomorrow...but this could be a sweep, if we don't score some runs for Bedard tomorrow.

You're right. We're never going to win another game.

You've said this the last few years and it wasn't true. What makes this time any different?

You don't sound too convinced there. And there is no guarantee the hitters will start getting clutch hits. It could very well be a down year for our offense.

Yeah see if you were to keep reading you would see my little thing about how I hate losing streaks and we NEED to win tomorrow.

But I am convinced that over the course of the season they will prove to be better than they are now.

There have been times in the past where the O's have started off hot and then suddenly, you check the paper and they are 10 games below .500. You can't quite put your finger on where it went wrong.

Well this Oakland series will be it for this year. Two awful performances in back to back games. We played so well against Toronto and then mail it in against an Oakland team that isn't that good.

Just remember these two games come July 31 when we are wondering what players the O's are going to trade for the "future".

I really don't know when this pathetic play became the norm, but I recall my stomach hurting an awful lot when Mora attempted that stupid bunt with 1 out and tht tying run @ 3rd in the mold of CPat. It still hurts - it hurts right this very second!!!

I'm calling it right now. We come out flat against Boston, probably lose both of those, and then suddenly more and more people will start complaining about losing four in a row. Sprinkle in a few wins amongst the losses while Boston and New York keep winning.

Then we'll hear this one: "Oh the season is over! It's only May!"

But, by October, I'm fairly sure which line of thinking would have been correct, way back in April.

I mean, I'll admit, this is exactly an "I told you so" post. Wow. Just wow. Only thing I got wrong was the whole "sprinkle in a few wins" part.

I mean, I'll admit, this is exactly an "I told you so" post. Wow. Just wow. Only thing I got wrong was the whole "sprinkle in a few wins" part.

Well, since you have concluded that the season is over, why continue posting? Just go play tennis, or go bowling, or do whatever it is you like to do other than watch baseball. I mean, what's the point?

You also said that "while Boston and New York keep winning". Which New York team would that be that has kept winning? ;)

Well, since you have concluded that the season is over, why continue posting? Just go play tennis, or go bowling, or do whatever it is you like to do other than watch baseball. I mean, what's the point?

I'm a glutton for punishment? In all honesty, I watch because I love this team and the sport. No matter how awful they play, I still watch because eventually, all the pieces will fall into place and they will win it all. And when that happens I can reflect on these miserable times and think to myself that it was worth it.

Frobby, can you honestly tell me that you continue to follow this team as closely as you do because you feel like the Orioles can compete this year? If not, then you can't admonish me for continuing to follow the team and post because, by admitting the Orioles cannot win this year, you are also concluding the season is "over" albeit less directly.

Please excuse how I've acted on this thread, but I still have a fairly large chip on my shoulder how it was received to being with.

Wow, you must be oh so proud of yourself, SapperThey Fall.

Probably uncalled for. I haven't attacked anyone personally. It's posts like this that make that chip grow bigger and bigger.

Why can't anybody on this board post continuous negative comments (most of which have merit) without getting attacked from all sides?!

Archived