Mancini, Walker and Trumbo react to Chris Davis signing

Frobby

At least they should try one or both of them at some point to see if either is any good out there. Couldn't hurt the organization to have some more flexibility. If it doesn't work then so be it.

Yep. Walker I would put out on the market with McFarland and Matusz and see what we get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yep. Walker I would put out on the market with McFarland and Matusz and see what we get

If you're one of those disappointed with the acquisition of Odrisamer Despaigne you're really going to be despondent over whatever you get for a McFarland/Matusz/Walker package. That's an 8th starter/long man, a LOOGY making at least market rates, and a Grade C prospect.

If you're one of those disappointed with the acquisition of Odrisamer Despaigne you're really going to be despondent over whatever you get for a McFarland/Matusz/Walker package. That's an 8th starter/long man, a LOOGY making at least market rates, and a Grade C prospect.

Crap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roch Kubatko masnsports.com

"At the end of the day it may change what I do slightly or considerably, but I think my only goal is to play on a winning team, and if that means I play right field, if I DH, whatever it is, I could not care less. As long as I'm contributing and we're rolling and contending, that is literally all I care about."

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2016/02/mark-trumbo-on-chris-davis-return-oh-it-was-huge.html

"I think I'm a better first baseman than I am an outfielder. I don't possess that elite speed. I do have a fairly good throwing arm, but there's other guys out there who cover more ground than I do. But when I am out there, I try to pride myself on doing everything I can to put myself in the right position. Pay attention, watch swings. I do all the little things that can kind of make up for maybe some of the lack of physical talent that some of the other guys might have an edge over me on."
"Oh, it was huge. I was just totally pumped up at the possibility of the amount of damage that the team was already capable of doing, but having Chris back in that lineup ..."

Numerology.

Trumbo said he'll wear No. 45 this season. It belonged to catcher Steve Clevenger, who was sent to the Mariners in the trade.

"It's going to be a first," he said. "Truthfully, No. 44 is the one I wore in Anaheim. There's some fairly iconic players who have worn that number, but I think it's semi-retired as far as I was told in the Baltimore organization."

"I wanted something that was in or around there that was kind of a powerful numberish type of thing, if that even matters. I figured 45 sounded good, so we're going to roll with that."

elrod_frank.jpg

Archived