Latos to White Sox

TheBee

o

Welcome to Oriole Park, Mathew.

15 OUTS: 6 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 4 Flyouts, 2 Strikeouts, 1 Lineout, 1 Out Trying to Stretch a Single into a Double

MATHEW ADAM LATOS O (APRIL 30th)

IP:l 5

H:;; 11 ll(2 Home Runs, 2 Doubles, 4 Singles)

R:l) 4

BB: 1

SO: 2

Pitches: 82 (51 Strikes, 31 Balls)

2016 ERA: 1.84

PITCHES BY INNING

91 (71 Strikes, 2 Balls)

20 (13 Strikes, 7 Balls)

14 (81 Strikes, 6 Balls)

24 (15 Strikes, 9 Balls)

15 (81 Strikes, 7 Balls)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here is something we can be sure of: some pitcher who was signed very cheaply will have a very good year, and there will be posters criticizing our front office for not signing that pitcher. Maybe it will be Latos, maybe Fister, maybe some other guy.

All I can say about Latos is that there must be some very serious question marks about his health. You don't get marked down to $3 mm because people don't like your clubhouse demeanor. Nor do you get marked down that far because you present some moderate medical risk, like Fister. This is what you pay for a guy who has less than a 50% chance of being healthy this season.

And, off he goes.... I would have risked the $3mm on him, but he wasn't good after the first few starts of the year.

I was disappointed that we did not get him, especially with how he started out.

Really the only difference between Latos' first four games of an 0.74 and the last seven where he had a 7.25 was his BABIP doubled and his HR rate went off the charts. You don't keep up an 0.74 ERA when you have 13 Ks per 24 innings.

Archived