Just go trade for Jay Bruce or Markakis

oriolesacox

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It doesn't matter who is less bad, Markakis or Trumbo. The point is, they're both pretty bad. I don't care much about RF defense like others do, but the fact is someone other than Trumbo is going to be playing RF more likely than not come opening day. Even if it's just Reimold.
How much better defensively is Reimold over Trumbo? Probably not much if any.

Just who is this "defensive maestro"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After listening to Gammons interview on MLB radio just now, it sounds like it was definitely Janish.

Paraphrasing: "Janish said that Bruce needs to get out of Cincinnati to save his career".

After listening to Gammons interview on MLB radio just now, it sounds like it was definitely Janish.

Paraphrasing: "Janish said that Bruce needs to get out of Cincinnati to save his career".

I heard it too.

It doesn't matter who is less bad, Markakis or Trumbo. The point is, they're both pretty bad. I don't care much about RF defense like others do, but the fact is someone other than Trumbo is going to be playing RF more likely than not come opening day. Even if it's just Reimold.

It seems like the O's are going to wait at least a few weeks and see what they think about Kim, Reimold, etc., before pulling the trigger. The plus side to a guy like Bruce is that he's actively working out over in Reds camp, so if you decided to acquire him late in ST, it's not a particularly big deal.

Alvarez or Jackson... very different situation.

It seems like the O's are going to wait at least a few weeks and see what they think about Kim, Reimold, etc., before pulling the trigger. The plus side to a guy like Bruce is that he's actively working out over in Reds camp, so if you decided to acquire him late in ST, it's not a particularly big deal.

Alvarez or Jackson... very different situation.

We need a RF --- don't we already know Reimold and the other cast of guys can do.

Didn't we already determine that the guys we currently had were not good enough --which is why we signed Fowler

I think we need to get an upgrade in here ASAP.

We need a RF --- don't we already know Reimold and the other cast of guys can do.

Didn't we already determine that the guys we currently had were not good enough --which is why we signed Fowler

I think we need to get an upgrade in here ASAP.

I do too. Only, we never signed Fowler.

My problem with Jay Bruce and his decline is that it seems to be the same issue that Davis has. His production or decrease in production can be attributed to the "SHIFT". As Brooks baseball Pitch F/X puts it. he is a pull hitter. This came to light on March 01 when watching an the first spring training game and Cleveland did an Ortiz/Davis switch on him in his plate appearances.

The Hitter at a glance from Pitch F/X: http://www.brooksbaseball.net/h_landing.php?player=457803

My problem with Jay Bruce and his decline is that it seems to be the same issue that Davis has. His production or decrease in production can be attributed to the "SHIFT". As Brooks baseball Pitch F/X puts it. he is a pull hitter. This came to light on March 01 when watching an the first spring training game and Cleveland did an Ortiz/Davis switch on him in his plate appearances.

The Hitter at a glance from Pitch F/X: http://www.brooksbaseball.net/h_landing.php?player=457803

Davis production decreased?

It has been impacted by the shift, yes. The last three years he's hit about .150 or .160 on ground balls, prior to then he hit about .220-.230 on grounders.

But that is tantamount to not being affected much? I mean, surely Bruce's decline is not due to the shift alone right? Nor was Davis in 14.

Archived