Just go trade for Jay Bruce or Markakis

oriolesacox

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So if a player DOES NOT want to play for the Orioles, you go and sign them anyway??

Interesting concept.

Money talks. Austin Jackson wants to play CF, but I have a hard time believing that he would have turned his nose up at $8 M from the Orioles. Dexter Fowler wanted to play for the Cubs, but he's be an Oriole now if the O's had offered him a contract with an opt out.

Not saying that either of these would have been great outcomes, but if you're trying to contend you need to do something.

Yeah, pretty much. Infield looks good, save for paying Hardy to be injured. CF and DH will produce, too. We're going to give the majority of C starts to a guy that may be the second best C on the team. Whatever. Like that bullpen.

The starters scare the bejesus out of me. Small glimmer of hope with Bundy and Harvey looking good early on but I simply do not trust their health to last.

It's one thing for the season to hang on the rotation but with COF being a huge mess we have real problems. I run projects at work. We have what is known as "the two miracle rule". It's okay to work on something that requires a miracle (or, really, something with a low chance of happening) because you sometimes have to take chances. But we never, ever start something that needs two miracles to be successful. That's your 2016 Orioles right now.

Buck was on WBAL saying Hardy feels his best in the last 10 years or so.

Money talks. Austin Jackson wants to play CF, but I have a hard time believing that he would have turned his nose up at $8 M from the Orioles. Dexter Fowler wanted to play for the Cubs, but he's be an Oriole now if the O's had offered him a contract with an opt out.

Not saying that either of these would have been great outcomes, but if you're trying to contend you need to do something.

Did you want to give up the pick for a year of Fowler, regardless of funds?

So we should do something just to do something, even if it is not a good idea to do it? How does that work?

Like passing on Doug Fister for peanuts, I think Jackson was worth a gamble on a one-year. Not sure what DD is thinking right now, but hope it's not status quo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? Get Jones to play RF? And Fister wanted no part of the O's physical. He didn't pass the Stros'.

Would Hangouters be on board trading for Bruce if the cost was Dylan Bundy? I have no clue what it would take but I'm guessing Cincinnati wants some pitching in a trade.

I wouldn't. I'd part with Wright or Alvarez. Maybe both.

Yea every year, some guy comes in 30lbs lighter or he put on 15lbs of pure muscle. Get real. If all these things were true half of these guys would look like NFL players. The spring is a time to put positive spins on things and half of the teams have a shot.

Winter is the time when guys either hit the steroids hard or go all Pudge Rodriguez and stop cold turkey.

Archived