MLB Spring Injuries and Concerns.

weams

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. Big downgrade from Travis to Goins. I won't root for injury but uh, take your time rehabbing Devon. :thumbsup1:

Eduardo Rodriguez could start the season on the disabled list.

Would be another big blow in-division; are we talking 15 or 60 day DL?

From MLBTR

The Royals have three AAA outfielders on their 40-man roster, who all delivered great offensive numbers last year: Brett Eibner, Reymond Fuentes and Jose Martinez. But nobody is talking about them as a potential RF for the Royals. Do they have any flaws? Or what is the problem? — Holger B.

Writing in from Germany is a sure way to get your question answered! Thanks for reading all the way over in Europe.

In a way, I have to disagree with the premise of the question, because I think that people following the club closely are well aware that these guys are in the mix with Jarrod Dyson going down. All are on the 40-man, which means the team has something invested and believes they have at least some near-term and/or potential future value to the organization. And let’s be honest: the competition should be wide open at this point. Travis Snider is the most established choice to platoon with Paulo Orlando, who played a big role last year, but neither is a surefire option.

Do Eibner, Fuentes, and Martinez have flaws? Well, sure. Any player does, and none of them even cracked the top 15 of Baseball America’s recently-released organizational prospect rankings — though Eibner and Martinez landed on the back half of the list. Both of those players hit from the right side and had impressive seasons last year at Triple-A, so they could presumably push Orlando for his role or challenge for a final bench spot. Fuentes, meanwhile, will be squared up against Snider. He’s a speedy player who swings from the left side, making him a closer match to Dyson’s skillset.

Beyond that, you’d need to ask a prospect hound or team beat writer for more info. I think what’s most interesting here is that Kansas City could open the year with some of the names noted above in significant spots. While that seems sub-optimal from my perspective, I’ve learned not to question the Dayton Moore-Ned Yost magic. And if nothing else there are plenty of possibilities; second base still seems to me a bigger overall organizational question mark.

Wow. Big downgrade from Travis to Goins. I won't root for injury but uh, take your time rehabbing Devon. :thumbsup1:

Would be another big blow in-division; are we talking 15 or 60 day DL?

right now, its rest for 3-4 days and relook at his knee.

Boston Red Sox pitcher Eduardo Rodriguez is dealing with subluxation of the patellar tendon after undergoing an MRI on Feb. 28. Rodriguez tweaked his knee when catching his spikes while backpedaling for a fly ball. It is unclear when he'll return to the mound.

ESPN Senior Writer Jayson Stark

Justin Upton leaving after what appeared to be a near collision in LCF with Anthony Gose. Unclear if they actually collided. But Upton is moving very slowly on way off the field.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Angels send Jered Weaver for MRI exam on*neck <a href="https://t.co/pNkvAxQfhK">https://t.co/pNkvAxQfhK</a></p>— HardballTalk (@HardballTalk) <a href="

">March 10, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

His fastball sat 80 mph yesterday.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Asdrubal Cabrera removed after tagging up and taking 2b in 1st inning <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Mets?src=hash">#Mets</a></p>— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) <a href="

">March 10, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived