Is the D-Rays line up better

baltimorebirds

They will be expensive, and quickly.

Not all of those guys will sign long-term for cheap deals, and not all of them will pan out either (something the "the Orioles prospects are overrated" group seems to conveniently forget when the subject is non-Orioles prospects).

The Rays have already comitted to spending more money in coming seasons since they were bought.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I mean there is zero chance they could ever spend money on a player worth spending money on. They have never done that before.

If you're really arguing that the Orioles' selection and frequency of free agents is going to be their savior based on the past 10 years of history... good luck with that. When the market is just right they'll sign a player or two, but when the prices get big or there's a lot of competition they've been fairly hopeless.

And with hitters coming through the system and MASN money to spend on free agents, plus STILL having more pitching then the Rays, we could easily surpass their hitting within one or two years.

What would this board be, without you here to make everyone laugh?

Oh, BTerp. You and your blind optimism. It's cute, really.

They waste money more often than not.

You are one of the only people who would feel differently.

Apparently I'm one of the only ones who actually sees when they do something intelligent instead of "OMG THE ORIOELS SUXOR!!!11"

Or at least is not afraid to bring it up as relevant information when needed.

If you're really arguing that the Orioles' selection and frequency of free agents is going to be their savior based on the past 10 years of history... good luck with that. When the market is just right they'll sign a player or two, but when the prices get big or there's a lot of competition they've been fairly hopeless.

No, I'm arguing that we have the potential and opportunity to do so, and to just say, "Well, Tampa Bay has some good prospects, so we are screwed," is to do to Tampa Bay what people accuse some of doing to the Orioles: overrate.

Whatever, bro. Keep telling yourself that we're going to spend that MASN money, and spend it on good players. ANY day now. This team is way beyond the point of getting the benefit of the doubt.

We were way beyond the benefit of the doubt when we signed Tejada and Lopez.

We were way beyond the benefit of the doubt when our farm system started producing players.

Doesn't mean we just gave up and did do anything.

Besides, it has nothing to do with "benefit of the doubt", which if you would read what I said you would know already.

It has to do with what we have the opportunity to do that they don't. Whether we WILL or not is not the point.

We were way beyond the benefit of the doubt when we signed Tejada and Lopez.

We were way beyond the benefit of the doubt when our farm system started producing players.

Doesn't mean we just gave up and did do anything.

Besides, it has nothing to do with "benefit of the doubt", which if you would read what I said you would know already.

It has to do with what we have the opportunity to do that they don't. Whether we WILL or not is not the point.

LOL...You will NEVER EVER get it.

Even the most negative posters on here will acknowledge that we have made some good moves.

But it hasn't been nearly enough and there aren't many signs that that FACT is changing.

However, you can keep living in Neverneverland with Peter Pan and the gang and keep thinking all of your dreams, fantasies and delusions will come true.

LOL...You will NEVER EVER get it.

Even the most negative posters on here will acknowledge that we have made some good moves.

Begrudgingly, and never when they are brought up.

But it hasn't been nearly enough and there aren't many signs that that FACT is changing.

Like I have been saying, but you won't ever get, we have the opportunity. Whether we do it or not is up for debate, but to dismiss the opportunity off-hand is simply stupid.

However, you can keep living in Neverneverland with Peter Pan and the gang and keep thinking all of your dreams, fantasies and delusions will come true.

I would like an apology right now for this complete and utter disrespect for my opinion, or else it will be reported.

Archived