Is the D-Rays line up better

baltimorebirds

There is a chance in this..However the Yanks will have even more money to spend when they get their park and they are getting a good system.

The Red Sox are run great, have good young players and alot of money.

The Orioles are in trouble folks...THis is why a rebuilding effort is so important.

Well in terms of the Yankees, I know Huberto Sanchez just underwent TJ surgery and wont be game ready until the middle of 2008 meaning the earliest he can help the Yankees is 2009. He was the top prospect after Hughes. I will give it though that Hughes look good in his debut.

Your right, the Red Sox have some good minor leaguers. It was fun getting to watch them at Wilmington last year.

I am with you SG, I think the Orioles do need to blow it up and rebuild. I will cheer what they put on the field but I dont prefer the product they have out there.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Woulda coulda shoulda BTerp...Yea, we COULD do things...It is possible...But would you hold your breath on this?

One thing this thread has shown is that the Orioles have, at best, the 4th best future of any team in the AL East with the way they are going.

And we are also staring at a team right now that, without drastic changes, will be awfully similar to the team we will see in 2009. How is that for hope? :mad:

That is the one thing that really blows, is that this team will look the same for several years.

Well in terms of the Yankees, I know Huberto Sanchez just underwent TJ surgery and wont be game ready until the middle of 2008 meaning the earliest he can help the Yankees is 2009. He was the top prospect after Hughes. I will give it though that Hughes look good in his debut.

Your right, the Red Sox have some good minor leaguers. It was fun getting to watch them at Wilmington last year.

I am with you SG, I think the Orioles do need to blow it up and rebuild. I will cheer what they put on the field but I dont prefer the product they have out there.

Oh he did? I missed that.

Well, they still have Tabata, Bentances(sp?), Chamberlain and anyone else i am not thinking about(of course Hughes).

They had a top 10 system by BA, correct?

Oh he did? I missed that.

Well, they still have Tabata, Bentances(sp?), Chamberlain and anyone else i am not thinking about(of course Hughes).

They had a top 10 system by BA, correct?

From April 19:

Humberto Sanchez underwent Tommy John surgery and will miss the rest of the season.

The Yankees kept calling Sanchez's problem inflammation, but it's no surprise it turned out to be far more serious, especially on the heels of some similar troubles last year in the Tigers organization. The missed season only makes it more likely that his future is in the bullpen, not in the rotation.

The big thing about the Yank's prospects is that they are at the lower levels, just like the Oriole's prospects.

That is the one thing that really blows, is that this team will look the same for several years.

Yea...I mean maybe we add Tex if we are lucky...Maybe we add another Aubrey Huff-esque player and another Benson-esque starter but for the most part, this team is what it is.

Do they actually think that a team they are hoping wins 80-85 games will win 95+ in 2009? I mean, i know the pitching will be older and more mature, as will Markakis but still, we will also have guys who get that much older who will really decline.

Woulda coulda shoulda BTerp...Yea, we COULD do things...It is possible...But would you hold your breath on this?

One thing this thread has shown is that the Orioles have, at best, the 4th best future of any team in the AL East with the way they are going.

And we are also staring at a team right now that, without drastic changes, will be awfully similar to the team we will see in 2009. How is that for hope? :mad:

But what positions do we need "drastic" changes at? Left field and first base? Center field if Patterson leaves (and Reimold can't replace him there) or DH if Huff doesn't hit?

We have needs, but we don't need to dump our entire starting lineup and start over; that would exacerbate the problem.

We need to make good free agent signings, and, if our pitchers keep developing in the minors, good trades. But we need to make improvements, not burn the place down and rebuild.

But what positions do we need "drastic" changes at? Left field and first base? Center field if Patterson leaves (and Reimold can't replace him there) or DH if Huff doesn't hit?

We have needs, but we don't need to dump our entire starting lineup and start over; that would exacerbate the problem.

We need to make good free agent signings, and, if our pitchers keep developing in the minors, good trades. But we need to make improvements, not burn the place down and rebuild.

You are only looking at it offensively though.

The defense needs to improve, especially with a staff of GB pitchers.

The team just needs to be blown up.

We need better defense, offense and speed.

I am on board with the pitching. We can trade Wright and Trax...Look to move Ray in the right deal...Perhaps trade Penn or Olson as well.

You keep talking about making good free agent signings, the problem is we are locked in at most positions for 3 years. After this season, we lose Benson, Wright, Millar, Bako, and Patterson. Maybe we can upgrade at those positions but it is doubtful, meaning we will keep trotting out a sold but average line-up that wont spark any fear.

Third base or first base wherever Rowell doesnt end up. Shortstop will have to be addressed in a couple years. We have no catching prospects and Ramon is on the decline very soon if not already. left and center field.

The "Orioles way" is just not working.

And this is not me talking after a terrible week..This team is an average team and could still win 75-85 games...This is me talking for the last 9 years...It has been apparent that we need to go in a new direction for all that time and we haven't done it.

Meanwhile, we have watched every other team in the division get better, add more depth, spend more money and just flat out give themselves a better chance long term.

We aren't doing this.

I am on board with the pitching. We can trade Wright and Trax...Look to move Ray in the right deal...Perhaps trade Penn or Olson as well.

I love when anyone suggests this. We go through a whole thread of tearing apart Wright's status on this team and then people suggest to trade him. For what, for a player to be named later that probably will never see the field at Frederick?

If we can move Trax, then we should try to. Wright, along with Gibbons, are two players we are stuck with. Kind of like Prior to the Cubs, they are burdens to our organization, where they are either going to sink or swim this season.

Dukes, Baldelli, Crawford, Young.....They would need to trade 2 of them unless they put someone at DH...Maybe Upton goes to DH since he can't field.

Looks like all those years of being in last place is starting to pay off. Didnt Dukes play 1b in the Arizone Fall League or something? Maybe in another winter season but I think I heard that

I love when anyone suggests this. We go through a whole thread of tearing apart Wright's status on this team and then people suggest to trade him. For what, for a player to be named later that probably will never see the field at Frederick?

If we can move Trax, then we should try to. Wright, along with Gibbons, are two players we are stuck with. Kind of like Prior to the Cubs, they are burdens to our organization, where they are either going to sink or swim this season.

LOL...I said i was on board with the pitching...Just making it clear i didn't mean with those guys. :D

The Orioles are at a crossroads. Either they try to find a way to buy themselves players like the Yankees. Or they need to develop players. We have 9 years of losing and we havent really developed anyone until last year. So they either blow it up this year and expect a couple more years of losing. Or they really open up their wallets. IMO

Sign Andruw Jones next year and Teixera for 2009 . Yes both. With MASN we can afford them. This team is leaving $25-30 million a year in attendance money on the table. We have a boatload of money coming off the books after 2009. Teixera alone would be worth millions to this team long term. Put a better team on the field with a local hero equals increased revenue. If we try to win with the current path and hope for our prospects we will be in trouble.

Archived