Is the D-Rays line up better

baltimorebirds

I wouldn't trade Ramon right now unless you are getting a good young catcher in a deal.

Salty seems to be available from the Braves. If you could get him in a deal, that would be enough for me to say trade Ramon.

I would be locking up Bedard, DCab and Markakis into arb-friendly deals.

If you can't lock up bedard, he should be shopped at the deadline and you will get back a very good package.

Tejada and Ray almost have to go IMO.

BRob should be shopped as well. I don't feel a need to trade him but he is signed cheap enough and is still good enough that you could get alot for him now IMO.....Call the Mets.

I think they might move Salty, but they don't want Ramon. They have a batter catcher who's a lot younger.

Bedard, Tejada, and Ray would probably bring a huge return (especially Bedard). How many top of the rotation LHPs are usually available?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I still think we are pretty far away from considering trading Bedard. You have to have a core identity somewhere, and starting pitching is a good place to start. I have never been a "Bedard is untouchable" guy, but you'd need an awful lot for him.

He's probably not at the point now but if he finishes strong this year he has a ton of value. I think with anyone on the roster you have to at least put guys out there and see what the return might be. As usual I think the A's are a good example... If Bedard continues to improve and you can get a package similar to what they got for a Mulder how can you not pull the trigger.

The point is, not long ago, the notion of trading Bedard was almost universally considered rediculous and laughable around here. I see that changing real fast (and based on some responses in this thread, maybe even faster than I imagined).
I admit, before the season, I was in that camp, too. I looked at Bedard in the same way as Markakis - young, cheap, good...why would you trade someone like that?

But the team's current performance (injuries, bad luck, utter stupidity in almost every regard, bad news on the farm, etc.) has me thinking that this team, currently constituted, is never going to win anything. Ever.

Let's face it, for the O's to contend in the next two years, a lot has to go right. And so far, almost everything has gone wrong. Even Golden Boy Markakis has stunk. Penn has been hurt.

I think they might move Salty, but they don't want Ramon. They have a batter catcher who's a lot younger.

Bedard, Tejada, and Ray would probably bring a huge return (especially Bedard). How many top of the rotation LHPs are usually available?

He's saying that if you can get Salty, you trade Ramon elsewhere. Of course the Braves don't want Ramon, but someone will.

I am not saying to trade Ramon for Salty.

No on the decline question.

I see him becoming worth more to the Orioles for the young talent he could be traded for, than for the production he will give them on the field. Just like is the case with Tejada now.

So I envision that the same arguments being made now for trading Tejada will come to be applied to Bedard in the not-too-distant future.

The point is, not long ago, the notion of trading Bedard was almost universally considered rediculous and laughable around here. I see that changing real fast (and based on some responses in this thread, maybe even faster than I imagined).

If we can get Bedard signed to a 4 year deal at 10 million a year or less, i don't want him dealt. (btw, we can get that deal done).

The problem is, we are dealing with the Orioles here and have to rely on them being smart. So, that is why it is tough to just dismiss trading Bedard for me because i am not sure we get him extended.

If we can get Bedard signed to a 4 year deal at 10 million a year or less, i don't want him dealt. (btw, we can get that deal done).

The problem is, we are dealing with the Orioles here and have to rely on them being smart. So, that is why it is tough to just dismiss trading Bedard for me because i am not sure we get him extended.

If history repeats itself (Mussina, Ryan), you can bet on them screwing around with this until his last year before FA, when he will refuse to sign an extension after the season begins, then we will fail to trade him, because "we're not giving up on this season! Not for THESE great fans!" and then we will lose him for draft picks. Which is OK, but nothing like what we could get for him if we made a decision now.

Archived