Naming rights.

weams

Corporate stadium names are a shameful thing. God bless Camden Yards

Ravens Stafium has had corporate sponsorships and the Ravens have 2 Super Bowl Trophies since 2000.

What's shameful is the Orioles have no World Seties Trophies since 1983.

Name it a pollack Johnny's Park if it gets some World Series games played there.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ravens Stafium has had corporate sponsorships and the Ravens have 2 Super Bowl Trophies since 2000.

What's shameful is the Orioles have no World Seties Trophies since 1983.

Name it a pollack Johnny's Park if it gets some World Series games played there.

It's almost as if you run around sneaking into movie theaters and scream, FIRE!!!!

Yeah, it seems Nats fans hate us more than we hate them. I've seen a lot of vitriol and venom spit towards us by Nats fans and I don't really get it. I'm not really fan of the Nats, but I don't hate them or anything. The

Blue Jays perhaps, but not the Nats. :P

The first beltway series game I ever went to at nats park, there were these 2 fans who upon leaving the ticket booth cursing "F the O's! I hate those mfers! Fing no good O's this O's that" next thing you see is one of the nats fans slipper get caught in a crack of the sidewalk and he immediately fell to ground and broke his nose.

Don't curse at the O's.

I've been to around 5-6 O's games in DC and the O's have won every one of them. There was the inside the park HR game where Tony Plush couldn't find the baseball, there was also the game where a ton of nats fans left around the 8th inning in a tie game where the O's would end up clobbering 3 home runs 11th inning, also the Machado home run against Scherzer, lot of good memories when I think about it, can't wait for baseball again.

I believe that William Wrigley, Jr. named the park after himself and his family more so than his chewing gum company of the same name that they owned ...... similar to Shea Stadium being named after after William Shea.

Good point overall, though.

In the 1950s Cardinals and Budweiser owner August Busch wanted to change Sportsman's Park's name to Budweiser Stadium (or Park or whatever) and the league told him no. So he changed it to Busch Stadium. And a few months later he launched Busch Beer.

Red Bull buys a lot of sports teams and renames them after the company. Red Bull NY and Red Bull Salzburg are two soccer examples. They bought a lower-division team in Leipzig, Germany, but the Bundesliga wouldn't let them change to a corporate name. So instead they changed the name to Rasen Ballsport Leipzig (translation: Lawn Ball Sports Leipzig), and they're known as RB Leipzig and their logo is Red Bull's logo.

It's different down here, where people are defensive about the Nats and the Mets, with Nats fans being especially nasty towards the Orioles fans. The O's fans down here are either diehards or people who like both the Nats and the O's. It's weird

Yea it's pretty annoying in DC when people are stunned and confused why you would still be an Orioles fan. It's like EVERYONE was supposed to abandon the team. I get why many switched over to the nats, convenience/location, but to harbor any disdain for a team that was the only team here first is confusing. I've seriously had to defend myself for remaining an O's fan.

Yea it's pretty annoying in DC when people are stunned and confused why you would still be an Orioles fan. It's like EVERYONE was supposed to abandon the team. I get why many switched over to the nats, convenience/location, but to harbor any disdain for a team that was the only team here first is confusing. I've seriously had to defend myself for remaining an O's fan.

What I think is funny is that everyone down here wants to be in DC for various reasons, so they support DC teams instead of Baltimore more often than not. It's annoying when nats fans yell and preach about how they have a superior team, city and ballpark (LOL!!) than we do. The Mets don't really do that as much, except for the truly obnoxious ones. Most of the O's fans I've seen were at Harbor Park, and most of them live in VA Beach. I assume it's just the location that I'm in is the problem.

Sent from Neverneverland using James Hetfield's voice

So....Apple Field?

Sorry Apple guys, I had to go there [emoji1]

Microsoft Stadium. It was all downhill after Win 7. I'm not a huge fan of Apple either, but at least people still want the stuff they make like iPhones and Macs. Microsoft has to talk people into trying the latest Windows

and force upgrades on them. :down:

This is my way of seeing it too. I just do not get the disdain that many Nats fans

have for people who have stayed with the Orioles. As I got at, so many of my

baseball memories were formed watching the Orioles at OPACy as a kid,

the Montreal Expos moving to Washington D.C when I was 18 was not going to

change that for me. I really get why older people like my uncle and older cousins

switched. They remember the Senators or in the case of my uncle remember

both incarnations. Or kids that would have been very young when the Nats moved

here. I'm a little less sympathetic to people my age (I'm 28) who switched but

it's their choice in the end. Really though, OPACY is a much better place to see

a game. It's not just the stadium but I firmly believe our fans are better than

theirs too. The only D.C team I really root for are the Wizards. I don't see

myself as a D.C guy. My uncle who was busting on me for being an O's fan

brought up that I wasn't from Baltimore, I had to remind him that I've never

seen Tigers or Lions gear on him even though he was born in Detroit. He laughed.

I mean a lot of them just need to understand that for those of us born between

1971-1991, let's say were born as Orioles fans.

Archived