Gallardo bombed again in Sarasota

Norfolk orioles

You really think the Orioles, and Angelos of all people will sign someone they think is damaged goods?

They reduced the contract from 3 to 2 years because he was "damaged goods". Since he was the last FA pitcher on the market they tried to put lipstick on the pig and hope that he could somehow give them #5 stuff for a year. It ain't going to happen.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They reduced the contract from 3 to 2 years because he was "damaged goods". Since he was the last FA pitcher on the market they tried to put lipstick on the pig and hope that he could somehow give them #5 stuff for a year. It ain't going to happen.

You don't waste a first round pick on damaged goods. Yes his contract was reduced but if they thought he was finished they would not have signed him.

He reinvented himself. Pitches from a different side of the rubber and he nibbles a lot. Homers were down last year, he was up in zone today.

He might be a bust but they aren't signing him if they thought he was done.

It's only ST...

Games don't count...

They weren't hit THAT hard..

Just bad luck...

Balls just dropped in....

ST mean nothing....

I like our guys...

Belicheat was seen in the Orioles dugout before the game...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YoLo

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Yovani Gallardo has a 16.88 ERA in 8 Grapefruit League innings <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">March 26, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I still don't know why the Orioles waited until late February to sign a SP. I wish the Orioles signed Jordan Zimmermann to a $23 million/year contract instead of Davis. Having Zimmermann in the rotation instead of Gonzo or Worley would add more wins to this team. They could also have signed Latos or Fister to a one-year contract. The Orioles starting rotation was the biggest weakness on this team last year. They lost their best SP in free agency. So why didn't they sign two starting pitchers? It just doesn't make sense.

It isn't complicated. A guy like Gallardo no longer has the stuff to miss up. His command was bad, lead off walk in the 2nd inning with a 3 run lead says it all.

What I am hoping for is his command improves with more time, him signing late worried me.

I still don't know why the Orioles waited until late February to sign a SP. I wish the Orioles signed Jordan Zimmermann to a $23 million/year contract instead of Davis. Having Zimmermann in the rotation instead of Gonzo or Worley would add more wins to this team. They could also have signed Latos or Fister to a one-year contract. The Orioles starting rotation was the biggest weakness on this team last year. They lost their best SP in free agency. So why didn't they sign two starting pitchers? It just doesn't make sense.

Angelos doesn't spend on pitching, everyone should know that by now. Latos and Fister may not have wanted to resurrect their career in the AL East.

It isn't complicated. A guy like Gallardo no longer has the stuff to miss up. His command was bad, lead off walk in the 2nd inning with a 3 run lead says it all.

What I am hoping for is his command improves with more time, him signing late worried me.

When I look at his career walk numbers I don't feel optimistic his command will improve. If anything his reticence to challenge hitters with his reduced stuff will lead to nibbling.

You really think the Orioles, and Angelos of all people will sign someone they think is damaged goods?

It was all out in the open. Gallardo has issues come up in the physical. Instead of pulling the offer, the Orioles dropped it to two years. They certainly signed him knowing that something was up. We don't know how bad it was, but they signed him knowing that something came up in the physical.

Can't say I'm not worried...starting pitching has been terrible. Maybe they figure it out...otherwise looks like a bunch of 8-7 10-9 type games where most of the wins will come from pen.

It's difficult to even be a .500 team with that strategy

It was all out in the open. Gallardo has issues come up in the physical. Instead of pulling the offer, the Orioles dropped it to two years. They certainly signed him knowing that something was up. We don't know how bad it was, but they signed him knowing that something came up in the physical.

The post was in response to a posting physician that states that his career is over and that Duquette simply spent the money to save his own face.

I know that. Once again his velocity has been on the decline before the physical. I just can't see Angelos for any contract signing anyone who is "hurt". Not like it was a minor league no risk deal.

When I look at his career walk numbers I don't feel optimistic his command will improve. If anything his reticence to challenge hitters with his reduced stuff will lead to nibbling.

His nibbling I assume his why is walks are up.

Archived