Gallardo bombed again in Sarasota

Norfolk orioles

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe it's all in Roch's blogs or tweets. He's allowed very few runs in those outings. It's not worth much but it's certainly worth more than nothing. I dunno. Our pitching sucks whatever this is pointless, I'm done.

I dunno why you always have to point out when I say dude. What are you some 70 yr old square?

I find it disrespectful.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Buck on Gallardo: "We have a lot of confidence in him." <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">March 26, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Of course it is! I wish there was an understanding of equal footing here. As a message board this place makes no sense to me sometimes. It's like a military version of being an Os fan.

Considering you only call me dude when you are trying to call me out on something...

Maybe if you had tossed in a "Great point Dude" at some point your intent would have been easier to infer.

Anybody watch the game see what his velocity was? There were reports that it was down. I only really care about whether pitchers are healthy n ST and velocity is the #1 indicator of that.

Found this in one of Roch's blogs:

The stadium radar gun has him topping out at 88 mph.

That's bad. Real bad. Pretty much worst case scenario. That would be over a 2 mph drop from his velocity last year.

Considering you only call me dude when you are trying to call me out on something...

Maybe if you had tossed in a "Great point Dude" at some point your intent would have been easier to infer.

I do agree that I make data unsupported statements from time to time. Ubaldo may be awful come April. I've only heard good things this spring. Unlike all of our other starters except Wilson. Which was my post.

Anybody who says they are not worried about the starting pitching in general or Gallardo in particular is either out of their mind or lying. That said, there's a difference between being worried and being absolutely certain that a disaster will ensue. I'm just worried -- very worried.

Exactly. It would be one thing if it was just one guy and just the spring, but it's not. We had a poor rotation last year, and lost the best and most consistent guy from that group. Coming off a poor 2015, Tillman is having a poor spring. Coming off a poor 2015, Gonzo is having a poor spring. Gallardo had a good 2015 but had some question marks about his stuff, issues came up in his physical, and he too is having a poor spring. Gausman had a mediocre 2015, now has shoulder tendinitis. Ubaldo had a decent year in 2015, but was worse in the second half. He has had a decent spring except for one bad start. Still, nobody can forget how bad he was in 2014. It's hard to look at all of that and not be concerned.

Anybody watch the game see what his velocity was? There were reports that it was down. I only really care about whether pitchers are healthy n ST and velocity is the #1 indicator of that.

I suspect he did cardio only until four weeks ago.

Archived