Gallardo bombed again in Sarasota

Norfolk orioles

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The medical staff discovered his injury

DD to save face still gifted him 22 million dollars

Gallardo will be very comfortable re-habbing from his season/career ending surgery at the O's expense

Imagine giving up 22 million and a #14 pick for a guy who may not win a single game

DD has went from almost getting a promotion with Toronto to never ever finding anyone to hire him again

Peter Angelos doesn't "GIFT" anyone 22 million. If you think Dan Duquette could commit that contract without it being signed off by several physicians then you just are not very realistic. I will take the bet he never wins a game.

All kidding aside it is a concern but if Gallardo did have a 10 ERA a year ago in spring training then there is a legitimate argument that it may not mean that much. I understand Frobby and others tired of hearing how good they felt when the results aren't there. However I watched Tillman yesterday and his stuff was better then the results. They need to get Gausman healthy.

The good news is this team will score some runs.

Anybody who says they are not worried about the starting pitching in general or Gallardo in particular is either out of their mind or lying. That said, there's a difference between being worried and being absolutely certain that a disaster will ensue. I'm just worried -- very worried.

Gallardo pitches were up.

I have to wonder with the O's playing the Red Sox the 2nd week of the season whether he showed all his pitches.

Would been tragic to let those Red Sox minor leaguers see all his pitches.

Agreed. 7.8 % might actually make the majors. But they did have two starters or almost starters. . The killer B's. Bradley and Betts.

They actually had 5 Major Leaguers that started the game today.

Betts, Bradley Jr., Young, Murphy, and Craig ...... although Craig was really bad in the Majors last year, and was sent down to AAA.

Young and Murphy may not start for the Red Sox this season, but they are both bonafide Major Leaguers (and starters for most of their careers.)

Anybody who says they are not worried about the starting pitching in general or Gallardo in particular is either out of their mind or lying. That said, there's a difference between being worried and being absolutely certain that a disaster will ensue. I'm just worried -- very worried.

Agree with this completely, I'm worried, borderline panicked. The bright light is that we have an insane offense, good enough to counteract any bad pitching for at least the first month or so until our pitchers find a groove. Hell, they may be able to do it all season long.

But yes, anyone who isn't worried about our pitching is not paying attention.

Fair enough. I am not as worried because of a couple of reasons. If Gallardo and Tillman had to pitch well in spring training to make this team then I would put more concern over their spring training stats. I am more concerned about Gonzo for the same reason. After a tough second half he needs to show more or he is endanger of being optioned to the minors. I thought the same a year ago about Norris. I didn't think his spring training mattered as much because he had no danger of not making this club. He had all the incentive of going into his walk year.

So if you only have a little information you should just make up stuff like "He looks good"?

No. I had a reporter at the MLB camp that has observed him and spoken with his catchers. I also spoke with another individual who observed him in person.

No. I had a reporter at the MLB camp that has observed him and spoken with his catchers. I also spoke with another individual who observed him in person.

If you say so, the looks the same to me as he always does, except for the velocity, which isn't close to what it used to be.

Archived