Mancini and Gunkel begin at AA. Why?

wildcard

Another HR and 2B today, batting .375. Nice problem to have, absolutely feasting on AA pitching.

Just pointless for him to be there. Come on O's....

Caveat: haven't been to a Bowie game yet because of the cold weather so promote him after I see him:) JK

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It should have no bearing of Mancini being in AAA. Joey Terdoslavich is a journeyman minor leaguer who hasn't even been very good in AAA. There is absolutely no logical reason that he should be blocking Mancini.

This is my take, too, but I expect the situation will be addressed in the next several weeks. It's a pretty minor issue in the grand scheme of things.

I think they want to keep his numbers inflated at Bowie, because DD will trade him in a package for a pitcher

like Andrew Cashner or James Shields

I didn't like the Davis signing which blocked the organizations best prospect

If he turns into a stud and all we get is a year of Shields who won't make the 2016 O's a

playoff team it will be another DD blunder

I think they want to keep his numbers inflated at Bowie, because DD will trade him in a package for a pitcher

I didn't like the Davis signing which blocked the organizations best prospect

If he turns into a stud and all we get is a year of Shields who won't make the 2016 O's a

playoff team it will be another DD blunder

How does the Davis signing prevent Mancini from being a DH going forward?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It should have no bearing of Mancini being in AAA. Joey Terdoslavich is a journeyman minor leaguer who hasn't even been very good in AAA. There is absolutely no logical reason that he should be blocking Mancini.

You know I don't care if he is in AA or AAA.

I was speaking of general roster issues, both at the major league level and the minors.

I think the longer he stays at Bowie the more likely he is to be traded. He clearly had nothing to prove there. Terdoslavich can't really be blocking him. If we want to see more before finding a place for him in the show we should challenge him at AAA now. He has no challenge at AA to overcome. For some reason I think there is more/better offspeed stuff at AAA and it might be best for him to get up there and figure out how to handle it.

Just remembered too that Parades is about to start a rehab assignment. The O's are probably going to take the full 30 days to evaluate him before making a roster decision. A lot of those AB's will come in AAA. So Parades AB's, Harbor Park, and our other OF's/1B all played into Mancini in AA. Lots of factors.

Starting Mancini right away might have meant losing Hoes, Avery, or Urrutia. But here soon a move needs to get made to get Mancini everday AAA AB's at 1B.

Just remembered too that Parades is about to start a rehab assignment. The O's are probably going to take the full 30 days to evaluate him before making a roster decision. A lot of those AB's will come in AAA. So Parades AB's, Harbor Park, and our other OF's/1B all played into Mancini in AA. Lots of factors.

Starting Mancini right away might have meant losing Hoes, Avery, or Urrutia. But here soon a move needs to get made to get Mancini everday AAA AB's at 1B.

The O's need to let Urrutia go. He's a corner OF who can't hit for power, and can't play defense that well. He must be pushing 30(?) I can see holding on to one of Avery or Hoes. The O's really need another defensive OF. Reimold, Kim, and Trumbo are all limited defensively. I think at some point the O's are going to cut one of Kim or Reimold.

Archived