Nolan Reimold is a personal favorite of mine

Barnaby Graves

I think it's great that he's back with the Orioles yet again. He is a man of latent baseball talent and athletic ability and by all accounts and evidence, a devoted and hardworking player. He was drafted by the organization all the way back in 2005. I was very excited by him as a minor leaguer and his trip through the majors has been strange and difficult. I think the fact he is here and contributing in the first week of 2016 demonstrates his tremendous tenacity and that the Orioles' fondness of him is well-founded. A real Buck nugget. And a great fighter. All the great Orioles have been great fighters. Reimold might never be a Hall of Fame Oriole (or maybe he could be... Melvin Mora? Just having fun) but he's definitely earned a special place in my heart.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm conflicted about the current LF situation. Like you, I've been a big Reimold fan all along and love to see him succeed. I am also rooting hard for Kim because I enjoy watching international players and it would be a great story for him to prove himself after all the spring awkwardness. And it's hard not to love the Rickard story as well!

So no matter who our LF is on any given day this season, I'm probably going to enjoy rooting for them.

People were burying him on March 20 or so, but he heated up at the right time, and now he's started the regular season on a roll. History shows that when he gets hot, it can last for quite a while. Hopefully he's the Steve Pearce of 2016.

One of my favs too.

I don't get the small minority Nolan Reimold hate group that's formed at OH.

I'm not enamored with Nolan, but he has proven to be a useful player when he is healthy, with a .344 OBP last year in nearly 200 PAs.

Why a backup OF engenders such vitriol is a bit of a mystery to me.

o

Nolan Reimold's overall plight in professional baseball reminds me of something that Sylvester Stallone's character said to his adult son in Rocky VI.

"Life is not about how hard you hit. It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward ...... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done."

One of my favs too.

I don't get the small minority Nolan Reimold hate group that's formed at OH.

Hate, may be a bit strong. I am pretty neutral on the guy. IIRC, shortly before he came up to the O's a number of years ago, it was reported or stated here by OHers that there were some personal problems in his life. I guess that has gotten straightened out and has a great supportive family. Perhaps that helped turn him around at a fairly late stage (in baseball years). The O's seem to be more committed to him than is "normal", and that's okay, just a bit unusual. The haters, I think are more doubters than haters. Here is a guy that was a late bloomer frequently injured and now at the same age as Markakis many think of him as still something special. I hope he has a great, healthy year. He appears stronger and healthier. He actually looked better in LF than when he first came up, cutting off a couple of potential doubles. I prefer to be cautiously optimistic.

I've always liked Nolan as a ball player. If Pedro Alvarez doesn't hit, and Reimold can stay healthy he can really add some flexibility to the OF and depth as it can give Jones, Trumbo, and Davis all time at DH without losing much from a defensive or offensive perspective.

It's only been 4 games but I'm beginning to wonder if Alvarez is like Reimold and hits much better when he plays in the field. Reimold never seems to hit much when he DH's. As a DH, Reimold has a .646 OPS in 70 games. In 243 games at LF, he has a .781 OPS. Some guys just don't adjust well to sitting for the majority of the game I guess, perhaps its a mental thing.

It's only been 4 games but I'm beginning to wonder if Alvarez is like Reimold and hits much better when he plays in the field. Reimold never seems to hit much when he DH's. As a DH, Reimold has a .646 OPS in 70 games. In 243 games at LF, he has a .781 OPS. Some guys just don't adjust well to sitting for the majority of the game I guess, perhaps its a mental thing.

I'm beginning to wonder, as a Scott Boras client, if he did no work until signed and may take a few weeks to catch up.

Archived