Nolan Reimold is a personal favorite of mine

Barnaby Graves

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Nolan. Seems like a hard nosed type of player. And going deep of Rivera for a game winner is something I'll never forget.

I think he could have a great career if he had been able to stay healthy. Glad to see him keep sticking with it and I hope he can be productive here this year.

Buck on Nolan last year:

"I was thinking tonight watching Nolan, this is a guy who basically broke his neck diving in the stands for his team, his family, his city, whatever," Showalter said. "Going after some of the balls tonight, it just reminds me what the separator is of these guys at this level. Kind of put yourself in his shoes. That's pretty impressive."

Part of the reason I like Nolan and why I love Buck.

I like Nolan. Seems like a hard nosed type of player. And going deep of Rivera for a game-winner is something I'll never forget.

I think he could have had a great career if he had been able to stay healthy. Glad to see him keep sticking with it, and I hope he can be productive here this year.

Reimold is also the only player ever to hit his first career home run off of Mariano Rivera.

I was there in the right-field bleachers in Yankee Stadium, too.

He crushed it into straightaway center-field. After he hit it, I heard a Yankee fan that was sitting behind me ask, "Who the hell was THAT???" ll:eektf:

If Alvarez can't hit as a DH, it's time to get rid of him because we have no place he can play and do a satisfactory job--above or close to current options.

Yes, I think the first four games of the season are conclusive on this point. Cut Alvarez and put Joey Rickard in the Hall of Fame.

Yes, I think the first four games of the season are conclusive on this point. Cut Alvarez and put Joey Rickard in the Hall of Fame.

Exactly. And the only times I ever minded Nolan was when I felt that depending on him cost us another better player.

Exactly. And the only times I ever minded Nolan was when I felt that depending on him cost us another better player.

Nolan has always been a streaky player. In both 2011 and 2015 he struggled for most of the season and rallied in August/September to finish with decent numbers. In 2009 and 2012 he started the season like a house on fire. Looks like he's starting this year hot. Buck has a lot of weapons in his arsenal.

I like Nolan. Seems like a hard nosed type of player. And going deep of Rivera for a game winner is something I'll never forget.

I think he could have a great career if he had been able to stay healthy. Glad to see him keep sticking with it and I hope he can be productive here this year.

Reimold is also the only player ever to hit his first career home run off of Mariano Rivera.

He crushed it into straightaway center-field. After he hit it, I heard a Yankee fan that was sitting behind me ask, "Who the hell was THAT???" ll:eektf:

Ah, but Memory, she is a shifty mistress. This never happened. Reimold did indeed hit his first career home run off of Mariano Rivera, but it was a meaningless solo shot that cut the Yankees' lead from 11-3 to 11-4. The box score of that game (May 20, 2009).

Quite possible you're conflating your Reimold-Rivera memory with your memory of this game, a mere seven days later, when Reimold indeed did hit a walk-off three-run home run against Toronto. Quite a week Reimold had; that walk-off was his fourth career homer. I remember how exciting he was in his rookie campaign after tearing it up at Norfolk for a month, and again when he started off 2012 on a roll. I'm really glad he's healthy and productive for us right now.

Reimold has serious MLB talent as a hitter. Patience and power, good batting eye, no significant platoon split. He looks to be completely recovered from his neck injury woes that looked like they would end his career, which is fantastic.

The problem is you have to treat him with kid gloves. He's not a young player anymore and his body has been through alot. I don't think I'd start him 3 consecutive games in the field regardless of how well he's playing. For him to be effective and healthy I think he's going to need lots of time off.

Ah, but Memory, she is a shifty mistress. This never happened. Reimold did indeed hit his first career home run off of Mariano Rivera, but it was a meaningless solo shot that cut the Yankees' lead from 11-3 to 11-4. The box score of that game (May 20, 2009).

Quite possible you're conflating your Reimold-Rivera memory with your memory of this game, a mere seven days later, when Reimold indeed did hit a walk-off three-run home run against Toronto. Quite a week Reimold had; that walk-off was his fourth career homer. I remember how exciting he was in his rookie campaign after tearing it up at Norfolk for a month, and again when he started off 2012 on a roll. I'm really glad he's healthy and productive for us right now.

Nice fact check.

The Orioles pitchers in that Toronto victory: Rich Hill, Brian Bass, Chris Ray, Jamie Walker, Danys Baez. Good times.

[video=youtube;zYO4QgLjBp0]

They're not cutting Alvarez. You'll love him when he starts to hit the long ball this summer when it gets warm.

Just 16 homers for the year (over 500 at bats) in AAA at age 26. But really, it's the .305 OBP that needs the biggest improvement, imo - for him to be taken seriously by any MLB team. Consider Reimold has a lifetime .327 OBP - in the majors, and Alverez is only .305 at AAA.

Archived