I feel bad for Red Sox fans

MrOrange82

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I listened to Boston radio after the game. They all said they liked their team and this is nothing to panic about. And, I agree with that. They also said, if the starting rotation continues to struggle, they will have to do something about it. That means spending another 100 million probably. Do I feel sorry for them? Uh, no:)

I'm not sure how anyone can hate the Blue Jays more than the Red Sox. The Blue Jays are, now and historically, mostly harmless. Joey Bats has a ton of smarm to him but it's not worse than Manny.

A lot depends when you came of age I think. A lot of people who became fans in the 80's and early 90's I notice tend to have Toronto higher than older and younger fans. For me as a fan who came of age in the mid 90'ss following Toronto's run it's

1.) Yankees

2) Red Sox

3) Jays

I listened to Boston radio after the game. They all said they liked their team and this is nothing to panic about. And, I agree with that. They also said, if the starting rotation continues to struggle, they will have to do something about it. That means spending another 100 million probably. Do I feel sorry for them? Uh, no:)

We got lucky and caught Price on his VERY rare off day. We took advantage. Price will be fine. Price will be Price. ;)

o

There is a segment of Red Sox fans that I feel for, but it has nothing to do with their broadcasters.

In late September of 2012, I had a lot of respect for the Red Sox fans that DID show up at O.P.A.C.Y. for the final series of the season when THEIR TEAM was in last place. They took some razzing from Oriole fans. It was a shame that those fans that were NOT front-runners that disappeared when their team nosedived were left holding the bag/fort for the numerous creeps that did.

And so for those particular Red Sox fans, I view them similarly to us die-hard Oriole fans that went to the games (both home and away) and cheered our team on when we were in last place or near last place late in the season prior to 2012.

As far as I'm concerned, a team needs you the most when the chips are down.

o

There is a segment of Red Sox fans that I feel for, but it has nothing to do with their broadcasters.

In late September of 2012, I had a lot of respect for the Red Sox fans that DID show up at O.P.A.C.Y. for the final series of the season when THEIR TEAM was in last place. They took some razzing from Oriole fans. It was a shame that those fans that were NOT front-runners that disappeared when their team nosedived were left holding the bag/fort for the numerous creeps that did.

And so for those particular Red Sox fans, I view them similarly to us die-hard Oriole fans that went to the games (both home and away) and cheered our team on when we were in last place or near last place late in the season prior to 2012.

As far as I'm concerned, a team needs you the most when the chips are down.

The Red Sox have some good, die-hard fans who lived through some down times and really know their stuff. Then there are the folks who only know Yastrzemski as a name on the back of a third-alternate green Sox jersey they saw on a clearance rack and when they reach deep they can just remember the glory days of Kevin Millar. The latter fans have come out everywhere since they broke the curse.

The Red Sox have some good, die-hard fans who lived through some down times and really know their stuff. Then there are the folks who only know Yastrzemski as a name on the back of a third-alternate green Sox jersey they saw on a clearance rack and when they reach deep they can just remember the glory days of Kevin Millar. The latter fans have come out everywhere since they broke the curse.

This is exactly why I'll never feel bad for Red Sox fans.

It's like a trendy cocaine fueled New York club. That bandwagon. Soon to be shuttered. Liverpool forever.

Archived