Cal and Kelly Ripken divorced

Why Not?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's never going to buy a team.

He was quoted, that he would love the opportunity to own a MLB team, but with his budget, the Ironbirds was more of what he could afford.

Found this on his wiki:

On January 10, 2007, Ripken expressed interest in purchasing the Baltimore Orioles if current owner Peter Angelos were to sell the team.

He still owns shares in 3 (?) minor league teams. Him and several other ballplayers and probably some other investors. Aberdeen is his castle.

The Ripken youth baseball brand seems to be thriving. They have built their third tournament complex down in Tennessee.

Well, it's their life. It's sad, though.

Growing up with Cal as my personal hero, I was always happy he seemed to have a normal, scandal-free home life away from the Enquirer pages. (Kevin Costner innuendos excluded.)

I will say that it's odd to see a marriage last almost 30 years and then fall apart. I would think unless there's domestic abuse or some sort of serious self-destrutive behavior on the part of one of the sides, they'd figure they'd invested enough time in their lives to make it worth.

But it does happen. I have a cousin whose wedding was the first wedding I ever attending. He and his wife were married for 24 years, and everything fell apart right before their 25th anniversary.

It's sad, but I guess that's life.

Archived