Janish up: ? down

wildcard

So Flaherty comes up today to replace Hardy on the 25 man roster.

The word on the street is that Janish's contract will be selected from Norfolk on Saturday. A pitcher will not doubt to optioned. But who? I think it depends on how McFarland, Givens, Wilson and Wright pitch between now and Saturday.

Worley is pitching well and he is out of options. He could join the rotation if either Wilson or Wright do poorly vs the Yankees on Wednesday or Thursday.

If its a reliever that goes down and Britton is well by Saturday either Givens or McFarland could go. I would think McFarland is more likely but its close.

With Janish promotion someone on the 40 man roster needs to go. Probably Scott McMcGough who can pass through waivers. He is a righty reliever with a 9.53 ERA at AAA. The O's probably keep him at AAA if he pass through.

Though the O's could DFA Paredes. Paredes still has about 5 of his 9 lives left. He may be one of the most resilient O's because either Dan or Buck like having him around. The O's probably wait as long as the can to put him on waivers. JMG.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Givens has been pitching in key spots regularly. Buck isn't going to yank Wright or Wilson based on one start to replace them by someone who might be worse. When is the last time you saw McFarland in a game? He gone.

April 28 wasn't that many games ago.

He also went 5 innings on April 22.

I am not so sure that TJ is on the bus south.

If it's me, I option TJ. He is the most expendable now that Matusz is back.

Knowing Buck and the Orioles, I have a feeling it will be Tyler Wilson, with Worley moving back to the rotation. I just don't think that they think very highly of Tyler. He will be headed back to Norfolk sooner or later when Gallardo comes off the DL.

I think its a safe bet, that Saturday, he comes up, after coming back from paternity leave.

Yep ROCH thinks so too, I know I may be in the minority, but I am no fan of Flash at third base I much prefer Janish at SS and keeping Manny at 3rd base.

Givens has been pitching in key spots regularly. Buck isn't going to yank Wright or Wilson based on one start to replace them by someone who might be worse. When is the last time you saw McFarland in a game? He gone.

Agreed.

Also. For Wildcard: Worley has been pitching well? He blew a game when he needed to get 1 out. Yeah, that isn't well to me.

Worley is an innings eating that should never be used in a high pressure situation. Not much value there.

I think a lot of who goes down depends on Britton. If he is not ready to pitch on Saturday, do we D.L. him and backdate it? Do we keep an extra arm in the pen and send down Wilson or Wright after their next start, then let Worley take their next start? If Britton is okay, we can send a bullpen arm down like TMac.

Archived