April 24th @ Seattle

mdterps4life25

I'm loving a few things. He seems to have excellent plate coverage off the outside corner. He seems capable of covering the offspeed pitch while still looking for the fastball. AJ was set up to whiff on the fastball there. He had swung at four straight offspeed pitches. His bat should have been slow. Instead, he just mashed a 94 mph fastball. I really like this guy's talent. He doesn't really know what he is doing at the plate yet, but he can still hold his own. Look out when he does.

Would you of stuck with the offspeed stuff there if you were pitching to him?

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm loving a few things. He seems to have excellent plate coverage off the outside corner. He seems capable of covering the offspeed pitch while still looking for the fastball. AJ was set up to whiff on the fastball there. He had swung at four straight offspeed pitches. His bat should have been slow. Instead, he just mashed a 94 mph fastball. I really like this guy's talent. He doesn't really know what he is doing at the plate yet, but he can still hold his own. Look out when he does.

Good points. I think AJ needs to trust his swing a little more, they're not going to be able to blow a fastball by him, he's too quick.

He's going to be hitting in the two spot sometime this year. I thought that one was gone. Eat that Seattle

Why is everyone so insistent on putting him in the top of the lineup? He's much more of a middle of the order hitter, especially given the lack of power on our current team. If he moves up it should be to 5th between Scott and Huff with Millar either moving down or possibly batting second since he walks and takes pitches.

He's going to be hitting in the two spot sometime this year. I thought that one was gone. Eat that Seattle

With the way Markakis is walking, I wouldnt mind him in the 3 hole.

Roberts

Markakis

Jones

Scott

Mora

Huff

Millar

R. Hernandez

LH/Bynum/Cintron/Fahey

Why is everyone so insistent on putting him in the top of the lineup? He's much more of a middle of the order hitter, especially given the lack of power on our current team. If he moves up it should be to 5th between Scott and Huff with Millar either moving down or possibly batting second since he walks and takes pitches.

According to the old Bill James idea, he could be a perfect #5 hitter. (Not that anybody actually does that, but still.)

No, I would have done exactly what that pitcher did. Once he fouled off those two low splits, I would have thought he was feeling for the ball to stay alive and that there was no way he catches something 10 mph faster. The location of the pitch wasn't great, but it was still very impressive to see him mash that thing.

I'm totally with you and Shack here, but I just love being able to bounce those kinds of situations off someone who's actually been in those situations.

Ichiro is 5 for 14 against Walker, and I hope Trembley has a right up in case it gets to Beltre.

Archived