Which Orioles Pitchers Had The Most Single-Game Strikeouts?

PressBoxOnline

I only get to about 2 games a year, but in 2007, one of those games was the Bedard July 7 game. A friend of mine got some last minute tickets from a business associate. We were about 7 rows behind the visitors dugout, so they were great seats. I once saw Smoltz take a no-hitter into the ninth against the Phillies at veterans stadium, but that performance still did not compare to Bedard. Bedard's game was the most dominating performance I have ever seen by a pitcher. Almost every Texas hitter looked foolish that day. There were two hits off of Bedard that day, but only one was hit well. I think that hit was up the middle. He either struck the batter out or they hit a very week grounder or pop up.

Unfortunately, it sounds like Arrieta has some of those type of games for the Cubs, but I shouldn't bring that up.

I'm going to channel my inner OFFNY. I remember the Bedard game very well. It was a Saturday and there were about 10-15 of us in the engine bay at the firehouse. We were all staring at the old tube TV that was sitting on a shelf in the corner. Going into the 9th, we all knew that he could still face the minimum, and then we watched him strikeout the side. It was a masterpiece.

Archived