Struggling Pitchers Ubaldo Jimenez, Brian Matusz Raise Concerns For Orioles

PressBoxOnline

I'd love to see Ubaldo traded. I can't stand watching him pitch.

Who in the world would what him? The O's would have to pick up at least half of his remaining $26.5 million.

Although, at this point, it would be a bargain .... for the Orioles

Ubaldo needs to find that pothole again & drag Matusz in with him.

Bring back Gallardo & see what damage he can do.

Would you just replace him with Gallardo when he comes back? Worley now? What other candidates are there to take his spot?

McFarland first IMO, he is lefthanded.

Chris Lee despite him being in AA because he is left handed, but realistically it would depend on schedule.

Who in the world would what him? The O's would have to pick up at least half of his remaining $26.5 million.

Although, at this point, it would be a bargain .... for the Orioles

Ubaldo needs to find that pothole again & drag Matusz in with him.

Bring back Gallardo & see what damage he can do.

Aren't the Padres trying to get rid of James Shields? I'd trade Ubaldo and his contract for Shields'. Save the Padres some money and get us a more consistent starter. I don't think the Padres even do that.

I think Ubaldo in the BP replacing Matusz and giving Worley another shot at starting would be okay, even if just temporarily. Or until we can find a trade for a better SP.

Jimenez and Matusz. Addition by subtraction. Unfortunately, Ubaldo's contract affords him more starts and eventually a bullpen role if he doesn't snap back to at least mediocrity. Will the Orioles keep giving Matusz auditioins because of a 4M contract? Yes, because he's left handed and we don't have strong LOOGY in the minors.

Oliver Drake's splits against lefties are very good. Why not him and McFarland? How about the guy that opted out that was being discussed in the other thread? Zach Phillips? Chris Lee?

All options. It isn't yesterday's game. I have never liked Matusz and never understood why he was here.

It's funny how they keep Kim and Matusz around because of money, but cut Gonzo with a starting pitching need.

I've wanted Matusz traded for at least a year now. I've resigned to the fact that Buck MOSTLY only brings him into games that are pretty much out of hand (the ol' Kevin Gregg treatment).

I would rather not have him on the team, but if he's being "Kevin Gregg-ed" he's not hurting the team too much.

Aren't the Padres trying to get rid of James Shields? I'd trade Ubaldo and his contract for Shields'. Save the Padres some money and get us a more consistent starter. I don't think the Padres even do that.

I think Ubaldo in the BP replacing Matusz and giving Worley another shot at starting would be okay, even if just temporarily. Or until we can find a trade for a better SP.

I am for Jimenez in the BP. I am not for getting rid of him altogether. BP could

maybe help him. As for Brian he would be the one to go. IMO

I am for Jimenez in the BP. I am not for getting rid of him altogether. BP could

maybe help him. As for Brian he would be the one to go. IMO

Right now, that tends to be my opinion about Ubaldo. He has, for the most part, lost his fastball command. Perhaps in the pen, he might be able to regain it. Perhaps give him 1-2 more starts. By that time, Gallardo should be returning and Ubaldo's situation can be re-evaluated. At that point, if necessary, put him into the pen.

As for Matusz, DFA him and replace him with TJ McFarland.

Archived