Roch: Matusz Traded (along with draft pick)

Can_of_corn

Why not look at this trade on it's own merits?

That would make too much sense. Instead the negative Nancy's list every bad move that Duquette has made to prove their point. I'm pretty sure he's made a few good moves considering our record since he's been GM.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well...if the O's insist on doing everything wrong when it comes to organizational development, at least they've done so while winning at the ML level over the last few years. Certainly a departure from what came before (i.e., doing everything wrong, losing all the games).

Weams tried to defend the last sale of a draft pick.

I already said I haven't look at them and I won't be tonight.

What I do know is that the Braves valued a comp pick more than they did these two players and a sizeable hunk of change.

They are in the best position to evaluate the players.

I believe the Braves have the 2nd ranked farm system this year. It's not hard to believe that their number 31/32 prospects would be much better than some in our top 15.

You won't look at them tonight? What are you doing over there? Crying into your pillow about losing a draft pick? Perhaps pouring out a little liquor? Calling the funeral home to make arrangements for the services for Pick 76?

That almost made me drop my iPad into the hottub! Rep!

How in any way, shape, or form could this be considered a "steal"?

It's being reported that the Braves plan to DFA Matusz. They basically bought the 76th pick for roughly 4 million dollars, AND gave up two potentially useful arms in the process. I'm not even sure that comes out as a "win", much less a "steal".

Keith Law cracks me up sometimes.

Yep. Law is terrible. My thoughts exactly. You can agree or disagree but not a steal for either team IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KLaw,, for what it is worth dismissed them as not having ml fastballs.

If they can pitch, I won't worry about the fastball too much. 95 is nice, but Jered Weaver killed the Orioles with an 84 MPH fastball. ;)

Archived