Roch: Matusz Traded (along with draft pick)

Can_of_corn

Than why give him up for a comp pick?

To me that is the simple test, how valuable can these two be for the Braves to rate a pick as being more valuable than the two players and millions.

We are basally hoping the Braves grossly mis-evaluated their own players.

I would imagine that our scouts thought well of the guy. I'm sorry, but I don't hold the Braves in very high regard right now. I get it. You don't like trading draft picks. Fact is we got $3.9 million plus two guys who are progressing pretty well for the 76th pick. You obviously see that as a disaster. As of now, I can't agree.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would imagine that our scouts thought well of the guy. I'm sorry, but I don't hold the Braves in very high regard right now. I get it. You don't like trading draft picks. Fact is we got $3.9 million plus two guys who are progressing pretty well for the 76th pick. You obviously see that as a disaster. As of now, I can't agree.

You should be able to budget your resources so that you don't need to sell draft picks to DFA a player.

Weams tried to defend the last sale of a draft pick.

I already said I haven't look at them and I won't be tonight.

What I do know is that the Braves valued a comp pick more than they did these two players and a sizeable hunk of change.

They are in the best position to evaluate the players.

You won't look at them tonight? What are you doing over there? Crying into your pillow about losing a draft pick? Perhaps pouring out a little liquor? Calling the funeral home to make arrangements for the services for Pick 76?

When you have a bottom five farm system and you are unwilling to invest in a competitive fashion in the international market you kind of need draft picks.

And you have the least number of scouts in all of baseball, it fits the Modus Operandi.

I do believe this trade makes us better, but overall you can't continue to neglect the farm. The Parra trade was unnecessary, Cruz should have been resigned. Gallardo? Well...you were right it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You won't look at them tonight? What are you doing over there? Crying into your pillow about losing a draft pick? Perhaps pouring out a little liquor? Calling the funeral home to make arrangements for the services for Pick 76?

Listen to music, reading Twitter, replying to the bunch of you and random web surfing.

I don't have a desire to read scout reports and stat lines right now.

Sorry about not being sorry if you have an issue with that.

Net-WAR-by-draft-pick-pre-free-agency-650x483.jpg

http://www.hardballtimes.com/the-net-value-of-draft-picks/

The Net WAR of a 76th draft pick is less than 1

You got two arms, either of which best that.... and quicker... and you shed a stupid contract... and you opened a spot on the 25

What's not to like?

The bullpen flexibility is the best part. Matusz was never used in important games anymore, dead roster weight.

The bullpen flexibility is the best part. Matusz was never used in important games anymore, dead roster weight.

I have no issue with dumping Matusz.

I can see why they wouldn't want to keep carrying him in case he figured it out.

And you have the least number of scouts in all of baseball, it fits the Modus Operandi.

I do believe this trade makes us better, but overall you can't continue to neglect the farm. The Parra trade was unnecessary, Cruz should have been resigned. Gallardo? Well...you were right it seems.

So we're neglecting the farm by picking up two minor leaguers, eh?

Listen to music, reading Twitter, replying to the bunch of you and random web surfing.

I don't have a desire to read scout reports and stat lines right now.

Sorry about not being sorry if you have an issue with that.

It's k, I'm lighting some candles for Pick 76. Happy to help carry the casket if you give the eulogy.

So we're neglecting the farm by picking up two minor leaguers, eh?

It's k, I'm lighting some candles for Pick 76. Happy to help carry the casket if you give the eulogy.

I like the move but respect Corn's concern. On a bigger scale, he is right. When DD leaves town, our farm system will not be very rosy.

Archived