Red Sox Series Preview

Frobby

For how long? Toronto has stepped up its game. We could be in third place very soon unless the SP improves.

It doesn't matter what Toronto does. Boston will have the division wrapped up in 10 days just like you said they would.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It doesn't matter what Toronto does. Boston will have the division wrapped up in 10 days just like you said they would.

Boston is on a three game losing streak. The King is dead, long live the King.

For how long? Toronto has stepped up its game. We could be in third place very soon unless the SP improves.

Toronto has stepped up its game ???

Five days ago, you asserted that the Red Sox would "have the division wrapped up" in 2 weeks.

Put the kool-aid down. I think I've watched enough baseball over the years to know mediocrity when I see it. Looks like a team fast heading south unfortunately. The Sawx will have this division wrapped up within two weeks.

So if the Red Sox ...... whom you affectionately referred to as "The Sawx" ...... don't have the division "wrapped up" by June 13th, you'll have plenty of egg to wash off of your face.

Boston has better starting pitching than we do right now. Getting ERod back is huge for them. And they have plenty of resources to add another piece or two where needed. They could easily go on another run. Ditto for Toronto, which is already rolling.

Both Boston and Toronto are very dangerous, but that's beside the point. Your statement was that the O's would be lucky to win one game against Boston and the Red Sox would have the division wrapped up within two weeks. That was a rash statement and there's no 20/20 hindsight there because that's what I said when you made the statement.

Toronto has stepped up its game ???

Five days ago, you asserted that the Red Sox would "have the division wrapped up" in 2 weeks.

Put the kool-aid down. I think I've watched enough baseball over the years to know mediocrity when I see it. Looks like a team fast heading south unfortunately. The Sawx will have this division wrapped up within two weeks.

So if the Red Sox ...... whom you affectionately referred to as "The Sawx" ...... don't have the division "wrapped up" by June 13th, you'll have plenty of egg to wash off of your face.

Stick to tracking pitchers. You bore me otherwise.

In other words, you have no credible answer, and you don't like the fact that you are being called out about making such an absurd proclamation.

Frobby also called you out about your nonsense, and rightly so.

Both Boston and Toronto are very dangerous, but that's beside the point. Your statement was that the O's would be lucky to win one game against Boston and the Red Sox would have the division wrapped up within two weeks. That was a rash statement and there's no 20/20 hindsight there because that's what I said when you made the statement.

Why don't we agree to see where things stand on June 15th instead of turning this into a p***ing contest. After watching this debacle tonight, I have no doubt this club is in serious trouble.

June 13th, not June 15th.

You said 2 weeks, not 2 weeks and 2 days.

Nice try.

What does it matter? It's a 162 game season. It's where you are sitting after 162 are played that matters.

If the Sawx's offense, which is obscenely good right now, cools off at all... they don't have much pitching to fall back on either. I don't think they're clinching the division anytime soon although they're probably the handicap favorites.

What does it matter? It's a 162 game season. It's where you are sitting after 162 are played that matters.

Correct.

It's a 162-game season, and it's where you are sitting after 162 games have been played that matters.

Which is why declaring that the Red Sox will have the division wrapped up by June 13th is absurd.

You're pretty good at taking other peoples posts and twisting them to fit your agenda. You need to take off your rose tinted glasses and realize it's not happening this year with this horrific pitching and that Boston and Toronto are simply better teams.

And let's be realistic here. IF the orioles go into a 5 or 6 game slide like they have been prone to do over the past 2 seasons and they fall 5 or 6 games back with this horrible pitching, you really think they recover? Don't think so!

They're your words. If you don't want them thrown back at you maybe try being more careful in how you use them?

Correct.

It's a 162-game season, and it's where you are sitting after 162 games have been played that matters.

Which is why declaring that the Red Sox will have the division wrapped up by June 13th is absurd.

You're pretty good at taking other peoples posts and twisting them to fit your agenda.

Twisting your post to my agenda?

These are your exact words:

On May 30th, you asserted that the Red Sox would have the division wrapped up in 2 weeks.

5 days later on June 4th, you asserted that all that matters is where you are at after 162 games have been played when another poster asked you why the Orioles had beaten the Red Sox 4 out of 7 times so far this season.

So, where is the twist? How exactly have you been misquoted and/or had your words taken out of context?

It's funny, I said "the Orioles would be fortunate to win one game" and "I think we're looking at Wild Card best scenario" in this same thread, but no backlash -- it's all about staying away from definites and superlatives so early in the season.

Vrvi

Whether you like it or not, I still feel the Red Sox will win this division with ease and the Orioles will finish third with this terrible starting pitching. If time proves me wrong, so be it.

If I were making odds today, I'd put the teams in that order. But I don't think it's that certain, and the race certainly won't be decided in 10 days (your two weeks minus the four days that have passed since then). Even if the Sox opened up a 5-6 game lead in that time (which is not likely), I wouldn't feel the race was over with about 100 games to play.

Why don't we see what June 13 brings before you continue to jump all over my ass?

Nobody "jumped on your ass."

You made a proclamation that was absurd, and you were confronted about it. You said that the Red Sox would have the division wrapped up in 2 weeks, and then you backtracked and contradicted yourself, saying that all that matters is where a team is after 162 games have been played when somebody else asked why the Orioles had beaten the Red Sox 4 out of 7 times so far this season.

You're playing the victim, as though I went after you like a bully looking for a fight. Nothing of the sort happened.

In the meantime try and get a life, but judging by your 39,000 posts you don't have much of one and that's kind of pathetic really.

Lashing out at me about something that has nothing to do with the subject at hand is irrelevant. It exemplifies the fact that you haven't a leg to stand on.

We haven't hit June 13th yet. And what I said wasn't absurd. The Sawx could bury them within two weeks and effectively take control of the division. If I have reconsider anything it's

Toronto. They are coming on strong and with our lousy pitching we could fall out of it quick.

If the Red Sox win every game between now and June 13th, and the Orioles lose every game between now and June 13th, and the Blue Jays lose every game between now and June 13th in which they don't play the Orioles, the Red Sox will lead the division by 6.5 games over the Blue Jays, and the Orioles by 8 games.

At that point, there will be 100 games left to still be played. That's not having the division wrapped up, and that's the absolute best-case scenario for your assertion. It's an advantage and a leg up, but it's not wrapped up by any means.

As for my shot at your 39,000 posts: Congratulations! You must spend a lot of time online to be picking everything apart and splitting fine hairs. You should be working for HRC. I happen to find more productive time with my life. You should try the same.

'

Again, this is irrelevant to the subject at hand.

Weams has 95,000 posts. Scott has 76,000 posts. Frobby has 43,000 posts.

It simply shows your desperation and your lack of anything meaningful to refute what you've been confronted on.

Archived