Duensing up, Wright down ( Duensing Surgery, Possible August Return.)

Tony-OH

Press Release:

The Orioles today announced that they have selected the contract of LHP BRIAN DUENSING from Triple-A Norfolk and optioned RHP MIKE WRIGHT to Triple-A Norfolk.

Duensing, 33, went 1-0 with a 2.70 ERA (7 ER/23.1 IP), two saves, and 25 strikeouts in 15 games between Triple-A Omaha and Triple-A Norfolk this season. In three relief appearances with the Tides this season, he logged 3.0 scoreless innings while striking out six. Duensing went 4-1 with a 4.25 ERA (23 ER/48.2 IP), one save, and 24 strikeouts in 55 games with the Minnesota Twins last season. Originally selected by the Twins in the third round of the 2005 First-Year Player draft, Duensing has gone 41-37 with a 4.13 ERA (298 ER/649.1 IP) over 354 career Major League games (61 starts). He will wear No. 50.

Wright, 26, went 2-3 with a 5.88 ERA (32 ER/49.0 IP) and 36 strikeouts in 10 games (nine starts) with the Orioles this season.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My guess is either Gallardo takes his spot in the rotation if he's ready or Worley gets some spot starts until he is ready.

I wouldn't be shocked if he is not needed in the next two days that McFarland might get a start.

I wouldn't be shocked if he is not needed in the next two days that McFarland might get a start.

I was thinking the same thing, but the next turn is against KC and not NYY. KC is pretty right hand dominate. I understand TJM's splits, but I think they go with Worley.

Archived