Who Said PNC Park Is Nicer Than Camden Yards?

MagicBird

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cleveland is so-so. All I can really say for it is that it is the first attempt to copy OPCY, and it does ok, but it's not even in the ballpark (pun intended) of OPCY.

PNC is great. Easily the second best MLB venue I have to. It is close to OPCY, but Baltimore wins by a nose. Also, the name. A corporate-named park automatically has one strike against it.

As for the HOF, yes, do it. Cooperstown is beautiful and the Hall is a must-see. Just don't go during induction weekend. It is total chaos. In the spring or fall it is a beautiful drive and visit.

Already did, in 2000. I meant Rock 'n Roll HOF. Like to see Cleveland Stadium, DYING to see the R'n'R HOF.

I agree. At the time, there was clear view of the Bromo Tower and I think that's why the scoreboard was put in CF, so folks could see it. Janet Marie Smith was brilliant. My idea of moving the scoreboard was based on that the view we're left with now is dominated by the Hilton which strongly resembles a downtown jail or generic hospital structure. It's an attempt to refocus it on the warehouse and train station (which the scoreboard blocked in many seats). There's a book about the building of it called "Ballpark" and I may re-read it again this summer. It's one of my favorites. Fascinating back story.

Trump says he will make America great again so maybe he can tear down the Hilton and make the OPACY view great again. :D

How many parks are open concourse?

IMO, the open concourse is one of the neat things about the Marlins stadium. That stadium is such a contemporary design and doesnt fit the traditional feel that I prefer but the openness helps it in that regard.

If you're talking about having a view of the field from the concourse, Houston would fit that bill. I don't really love the park, but the LF walkway is a kind of neat feature. I would say that's all it really has going for it.

I've caught a game at PNC, and it really is a great park. It's strange to me because it just feels so small. It feels like a AA or AAA ballpark that they've dressed up to be a big league park.

PNC is #2 for me. It's OPACY all day.

I agree. At the time, there was clear view of the Bromo Tower and I think that's why the scoreboard was put in CF, so folks could see it. Janet Marie Smith was brilliant. My idea of moving the scoreboard was based on that the view we're left with now is dominated by the Hilton which strongly resembles a downtown jail or generic hospital structure. It's an attempt to refocus it on the warehouse and train station (which the scoreboard blocked in many seats). There's a book about the building of it called "Ballpark" and I may re-read it again this summer. It's one of my favorites. Fascinating back story.

I was at the game last night and looking at the scoreboard and trying to visualize the scoreboard where you moved in your pc. I think its would be a positive thing if it blocked that Hilton. IMO, after looking at things last night I like ur idea better than I did from just looking at the picture.

With the Warehouse and Eutaw street, it makes OPACY so much better, IMO.

Of course, I am a homer, but who cares.

I think the great think about OPACY, is that others know how great it is, and it set the new standard for the all the new stadiums built since.

I'm surprised no one has brought up AT&T Park in San Francisco. That's a close second (very close) for me from OPACY, and I think it's certainly nicer than PNC (which is a very nice place, I just don't think quite as good). I thought Citi Field was actually a really terrific ballpark (liked the actual stadium more than PNC), but it's neighborhood and surrounding area was pretty lousy, so had to downgrade.

Of the newer stadiums I've been to, AT&T and OPACY are my top two. Fenway and Wrigley are apples to oranges, in my view.

http://www.stadiumjourney.com/news/10-14-2015/1240/2015-mlb-ballpark-experience-rankings

We've reevaluated every single ballpark in MLB during the 2015 season and come up with our rankings of the best overall fan experience. Baltimore's Oriole Park at Camden Yards tops our list for the second straight season, and even achieved a rare perfect score. It's been a tough year for Baltimore, but it's good to know that the Charm City will always have Camden.

We rate each stadium using our FANFARE scale which includes assessing the food and beverage in the ballpark, the overall atmosphere, the neighborhood where the stadium is located, the fans, the access (which includes parking, traffic, restrooms, and handicap accessibility), the overall return on investment, and any special or unique features. We utilize the ratings of our readers and members as the primary tiebreaker, and encourage you to share your ratings of any of the ballparks.

Thanks for reading, and without further ado, here are the updated Stadium Journey 2015 MLB ballpark experience rankings:

Oriole Park at Camden Yards - Home of the Baltimore Orioles

Oriole Park at Camden Yards was a bold statement in that the overall fan and family experience became more and more important. Since its opening every major league stadium built has taken its cues from the Baltimore Orioles home field. Sure, some stadiums do some things better (and some much worse) but they owe it all to Baltimore?s crown jewel. When people think of baseball, Oriole Park at Camden Yards is often one of the first places to come to mind. Baseball and the fan experience were changed dramatically upon its opening, and it still offers a great, traditional place to watch a baseball game.

Hard to argue with that. I am a little stumped at him having Busch which i concede i've never visited at number 3 and AT&T at 9. My top three are OPACY, PNC, and AT&T. Granted I haven't been to many others but old Yankee Stadium only was neat because of the historical value and new Yankee Stadium has none of that and just isn't impressive. RFK and now Nats Stadium aren't anything to write about either. I'm hoping that I can visit Wrigley this summer but I don't know yet.

Archived