• 2-3
    • 4-5
    • 6-7
    • 8+

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Manny just got that one good punch in, and then Ventura somehow WWE slammed him into the ground. Manny still won, though.

I meant more in their stances and such. I'm sure Ventura did the best he could... he is so much smaller.

5 games, reduced to 3.

Sounds about right to me.

There are certainly extenuating circumstances and mitigating factors in regards to ventura's previous actions.

Any lawyer worth his salt could appeal this and get his suspension reduced.

Also, if Mlb is really serious about stopping this stuff, manny should get NO suspension and Ventura should get a month off.

Show pitchers, especially American League pitchers, that they can't just get away with what amounts to legalized assault.

I just want to say this.

MLB will not suspend Ventura for a month, but really should. He has a long history including suspensions in the past.

Having said that I think Manny was wrong in charging the mound after he was hit.

I realize the retaliation thing plays well for Oriole fans, but he IS more valuable to us than Ventura is to the Royals. To lose Manny for any time is silly and it hurts the team much more than anything else. Manny shouldve waited at home plate and challened Ventura..but NEVER charge the mound let alone throw punches.

I understand the emotion and anger and desire, but THIS isnt high school or playground stuff.THIS IS A BUSINESS. You cannot have this kind of behavior on the field. If that makes me a "wuss" so be it. In ANY other business, physical altercations would result in suspensions or even termination.Manny can't, wont and shouldnt be fired..but he should be suspended and will be.I just hope its not against teams we need to beat like Boston or Toronto.

How would the Orioles business be if Manny was seriously hurt by Ventura? And everywhere I have ever worked if someone does something that threatens your safety, you are allowed to protect yourself.

How would the Orioles business be if Manny was seriously hurt by Ventura? And everywhere I have ever worked if someone does something that threatens your safety, you are allowed to protect yourself.

Getting revenge is not protecting yourself. And ultimately Manny accomplished nothing. He got a glancing blow. If you are keeping score, Ventura won the fight. The only thing that makes this right and teaches Ventura any kind of lesson is a lengthy suspension.

I just want to say this.

MLB will not suspend Ventura for a month, but really should. He has a long history including suspensions in the past.

Having said that I think Manny was wrong in charging the mound after he was hit.

I realize the retaliation thing plays well for Oriole fans, but he IS more valuable to us than Ventura is to the Royals. To lose Manny for any time is silly and it hurts the team much more than anything else. Manny shouldve waited at home plate and challened Ventura..but NEVER charge the mound let alone throw punches.

I understand the emotion and anger and desire, but THIS isnt high school or playground stuff.THIS IS A BUSINESS. You cannot have this kind of behavior on the field. If that makes me a "wuss" so be it. In ANY other business, physical altercations would result in suspensions or even termination.Manny can't, wont and shouldnt be fired..but he should be suspended and will be.I just hope its not against teams we need to beat like Boston or Toronto.

You're totally wrong on this.

It IS a business. And ventura is putting manny's livelihood at stake.

He deserves to get smacked in the face if only to teach him a lesson about screwing with another man's life/business.

Buck and most knowledgable o's fans understand and agree than manny had to do this, it goes beyond W's and L's which is all a suspension really changes.

Manny sent a message.

I just want to say this.

Roy, haven't you ever gotten so mad that you can't control your temper? It's not about being macho. It was a very human reaction that Manny had. I hate that we're going to lose him to a suspension too but I really think some empathy is needed with Manny here. He knew Ventura was going for him and it probably hurt like hell too.

If it's a week, we are screwed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if it is a week, we are not screwed.

Coming on here earlier and seeing all these "Manny suspension" threads, am I the only one who thought he was busted for PEDs? Note, I wasn't watching the game.

Archived