Chris Davis out of the lineup

weams

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why protect Davis any more than Trumbo, or Jones, or Wieters, or Manny, for that matter?

If they are saying it's just an off day, I'll believe them. But it's mighty strange to rest him tonight when they faced lefties back to back earlier this week.

They said he was not at his locker. Strange. Maybe family emergency or something else.

Would this make sense with a one game suspension? Can't be in the locker room. I'd take that over him having a family emergency or injury. Could just be waiting on an announcement.

If they are saying it's just an off day, I'll believe them. But it's mighty strange to rest him tonight when they faced lefties back to back earlier this week.

Probably nursing a very minor injury. Manny's listed in the lineup, so I assume no suspensions have gone into effect.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chris Davis is here at the ballpark, but wasn't in the clubhouse while it was open to the media. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a></p>— Jon Meoli (@JonMeoli) <a href="

">June 8, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Davis looked like he landed awkwardly when he ran out to the mound. Looked like he tripped over bodies and fell face first into the fray. An injury certainly is possible here unfortunately.

Archived