Dan Duquette: Os to Be Active in Trade Market

weams

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There should be some inning eaters with 4ish ERA's available for middling prospects. I'm thinking along the lines of Joe Saunders in 2012. For us, that would be a major improvement over Ubaldo and Wright.

Any salary dump candidates from rebuilding teams? I imagine the Phillies, Braves, Reds, Padres and several other teams will be trying to shed whatever salary they can. There are more teams, I think that are clearly rebuilding than there were a year ago so hopefully that makes it more of a buyer's market. Milwaukee, Arizona, Oakland, Colorado, LAA, and even the Yankees could all be sellers as well.

I'm starting to understand why Red Sox fans were so fed up with Duquette towards the end of his tenure.

Because he had the team ready to win a World Series, And then another three years after?

Because he had the team ready to win a World Series, And then another three years after?

Exactly, have some imaginary rep. We could be just one starting pitcher away from winning the lot.

Talent-wise, I'd love to have him. But there's zero chance we'd trade for that head case.

We have the players and staff to rehabilitate that young man. Usually when a youngster acts the way Ventura does, its because someone is allowing him to.

We have the players and staff to rehabilitate that young man. Usually when a youngster acts the way Ventura does, its because someone is allowing him to.

Ned Yost was on inside pitch today and said he called Ventura into his office and closed the door last night and asked him what the heck happened. Ventura said the ball got away from him, and that was good enough for Yost. Of course he's being enabled.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Archived