Mat Latos DFA'd

bpilktree

The guy looks to be done at this point. Might be willing to sign him to minor league deal, DL him, rehab and see if we can get him fresh later in the year. That's about it.

Yeah, after they release him in a week or so, that might be something to look at.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am not saying Latos is the answer, I don't know but in fall fairness sir, you said exactly the same thing about Fister.

If he signs a minor league deal, you sign him.

Latos has a FIP/xFIP in the mid-5.00s. Ubaldo and Wright and Wilson and Fister in the mid-4.00s. Gallardo was arguably pitching better hurt - same K/BB numbers and only one homer in 18 innings. Latos is allowing a homer every six innings.

Sure, you'd sign pretty much anyone to a minor league deal since it's free and doesn't cost a roster spot. But right now it's hard to see Latos being an improvement over anyone they've started this year.

Call me crazy but I think we shake a rotation out of Tillman, Gausman, Wilson, Wright, Ubaldo, Gallardo, Despaigne. Latos would be a guy that I would look at only if our rotation doesn't develop and we strike out at the trade deadline. Latos looks like he needs some time off to regain some strength and then maybe he could boost a contender over the last month or so.

It would be just like Wandy Rodriguez I think. A guy that probably wouldn't want to pitch in the minors until he absolutely had to.

I said I did not want Fister. I was Wrong.

I wanted Latos I was wrong. In all fairness. Also, Fister would never have come to Baltimore on a one year make good deal, so it's kinda moot.

I don't know enough on that point to comment intelligently but I trust you. What if we gave an option or more moola or 2 years? Still better than wasting a pick on Gallardo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not? Have you seen what we have? If it doesn't work...cheaper than Ubaldo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does Ubaldo have anything to do with him? How much does he cost? Other than a 40 man and 25 man slot and the loss of a player in the system currently.

Archived