Gausman is beginning to remind me of Guthrie

Frobby

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gausman has been mostly good all year except for a few hiccups and especially when his pitch count is elevated early.I think this kid is going to be a star if he stays healthy.He's just learning how to pitch at a major league level. We needed this today badly. I wish we had 4 Gausman's on our staff.If we did, I'd guarentee a division title.

We have 3 if you think about it with Bundy and Tillman, whereas Miley and Gallardo are tossups. If we could unload one of the two tossups and bring back Jason Hammel, I'd be extatic.

We have 3 if you think about it with Bundy and Tillman, whereas Miley and Gallardo are tossups. If we could unload one of the two tossups and bring back Jason Hammel, I'd be extatic.

To think that we were almost rid of Ubaldo and instead we ended up adding Miley. Wow, talk about the best laid plans of mice and men going awry.

I'd be ecstatic if we could get either of them to pitch like Hammel. ;)

I think he's a number 2 -- outside shot at true number 1 and a pretty safe bet to be a strong number 3.

Very glad to hear that for the present and future! Hopefully we'll have 2 TOR to start next year off, that would be a huge boost. I assume DD is probably going to keep Tillman so I guess our rotation would be round out by whatever 2 out of Miley/Gallardo/Jimenez.

I'd prefer Tillman. if he's healthy. I might prefer Bundy but he needs more rest than they're giving him.

Hmm, would you be surprised to know Gausman now has a lower ERA than Tillman (3.73 to 3.76)? Ok, ok. WHIP is close, too (Tillman 1.27, Gausman 1.31). Strike outs isn't though. Gausman has 140 in 140 IP compared to 126 in 153 IP. Tillman leads in H/9 and HR/9. Gausman in SO/BB ratio.

You probably did know much of this, but I'm pretty sure someone here didn't or at a minimum he's surprised. And since Tillman will be coming back from injury I think it's clear who will be stronger. Maybe it's easier for many who have complained all season about Gausman to keep him in a box. The W/L box.

Hmm, would you be surprised to know Gausman now has a lower ERA than Tillman (3.73 to 3.76)? Ok, ok. WHIP is close, too (Tillman 1.27, Gausman 1.31). Strike outs isn't though. Gausman has 140 in 140 IP compared to 126 in 153 IP. Tillman leads in H/9 and HR/9. Gausman in SO/BB ratio.

You probably did know much of this, but I'm pretty sure someone here didn't or at a minimum he's surprised. And since Tillman will be coming back from injury I think it's clear who will be stronger. Maybe it's easier for many who have complained all season about Gausman to keep him in a box. The W/L box.

We are very fortunate to have Gausman.

I stipulated Tillman if healthy, so I'm assuming that factor away. Obviously we don't know if he'll be 100%, and if he's not, then all bets are off.

That said, there's a trust factor with Tillman. He's been good 4 of the last 5 years, and has been a stopper on many occasions when the team was floundering. He's the guy I'd want out there with the season on the line.

One thing I noticed yesterday was an intangible: Gausman's body language. He looked confident and unshakable no matter what the situation. His facial expression was stone-hard like Miguel when he also used to put the Yankees away for us in the Bronx. A quiet but triumphant stomp with his whole body punctuated every K. He swaggered into the dugout and inside it. Maybe he's absorbing more from Bundy and Tillman than we realize: an attitude that wins.

One thing I noticed yesterday was an intangible: Gausman's body language. He looked confident and unshakable no matter what the situation. His facial expression was stone-hard like Miguel when he also used to put the Yankees away for us in the Bronx. A quiet but triumphant stomp with his whole body punctuated every K. He swaggered into the dugout and inside it. Maybe he's absorbing more from Bundy and Tillman than we realize: an attitude that wins.

Could be.

I suspect the pitching coach has to be given some credit for the work here.

Oh brother....

Lol....

I stipulated Tillman if healthy, so I'm assuming that factor away. Obviously we don't know if he'll be 100%, and if he's not, then all bets are off.

That said, there's a trust factor with Tillman. He's been good 4 of the last 5 years, and has been a stopper on many occasions when the team was floundering. He's the guy I'd want out there with the season on the line.

No, I get it. You understand my post wasn't really a response to you. I believe Buck has faith in Tillman, and as you point out he has a track record. It's nice, though, to see KG fulfilling some of his promise. Watershed moment....

Archived