What Moves Would You Make To Improve The Rotation?

crawjo

Wilson's strike out rate is up this year and his bb rate is down. I mean I guess if actual results mean nothing to you than you might think Wright is better than Wilson. I mean if all you are going to use is K Rate than Jiminez is doing well.

The point is, Wilson is not a good major league starting pitcher. He's below league average in terms of ERA. As I said elsewhere, he's probably more reliable than Wright at this point but I don't think he has much of a future in the Majors.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The point is, Wilson is not a good major league starting pitcher. He's below league average in terms of ERA. As I said elsewhere, he's probably more reliable than Wright at this point but I don't think he has much of a future in the Majors.

Shame it isn't 15 years ago, he could come into spring training without a neck and throwing 3 MPH faster.

Dude....that's just wrong, man....

Poor Bud....he was so good in '14 and then just fell off a cliff....smh.

Norris might be better than Wright or Jimenez. If we could get him for nothing I would plug him into the rotation tomorrow.

Also, I would look into getting Mat Latos. That's how bad things are for us. We need to be scrounging through the scrap heap of every other MLB club. Anyone with a pulse who can start is a candidate as far as I'm concerned.

And I think I've changed my mind on trading someone like Schoop. If we can get a decent pitching option for him (not sure if we can, but just saying) I would move him and put Flaherty at second.

One of the problems, as I see it, is that there really doesn't seem to be any attractive SP options out there between now and the trade deadline. Shields already got moved (not that he's that great anymore anyway). Sonny Gray might be available, but I shudder at what he would cost. Cashner isn't any better than what we have, IMO. Jake McGee could help the pen, but we really need a starter. I just don't see much in the way of upgrades, even before you factor in cost.

Give me some hope, somebody please. Who's out there that might be realistically attainable?

Hellickson?

Duensing for Drake

Ubaldo for Despaigne

Gallardo for Wright

Wright to the pen, McFarland sent down

Keep an eye on Tyler Wilson, but I actually still like him going forward.

Tyler is a very intelligent pitcher. I could see him being like Miggy when Miggy was at his best or maybe even a bit better.

And I think I've changed my mind on trading someone like Schoop. If we can get a decent pitching option for him (not sure if we can, but just saying) I would move him and put Flaherty at second.

I deeply respect your opinion and think that might be our best option at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our best 12 right now

Tillman, Gausman, Wilson, Wright, Gallardo

Britton, Brach, Givens, Worley, Bundy, Drake, Roe till Oday comes back.

Ubaldo needs to go to the DL.

have you seen that much of Gallardo to know? I know I haven't. My gut is he is done based on the little I have seen, but hope I am wrong. Just don't know you can say that.

Wilson is a #5 (I love him, but...)

Wright is a bullpen piece.

We don't have 5 honestly.

Tillman, Gausman...

Ubaldo NEEDS to go to the DL, hope he finds something in the minors. I would not cut him despite him looking like garbage, the potential is there.

It isn't his fault we keep marching him out there for automatic L each time. That is on the Orioles.

4. Pray that Thursday's outing was a turning point for Dylan Bundy and he pitches well enough out of the bullpen allowing the Orioles to put him in the rotation by the all-star break.

Josh Hader 81 ks ini 63 0.98 WHIP innings pitched thus far...

Zach Davies not fairing as well with a 3.88 ERA

have you seen that much of Gallardo to know? I know I haven't. My gut is he is done based on the little I have seen, but hope I am wrong. Just don't know you can say that.

Wilson is a #5 (I love him, but...)

Wright is a bullpen piece.

We don't have 5 honestly.

Tillman, Gausman...

Ubaldo NEEDS to go to the DL, hope he finds something in the minors. I would not cut him despite him looking like garbage, the potential is there.

It isn't his fault we keep marching him out there for automatic L each time. That is on the Orioles.

He's got some rest, hopefully something to make his shoulder stronger. He's a welcome addition to this rotation, even if it's just to give someone else a try.

Archived