What Moves Would You Make To Improve The Rotation?

crawjo

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wilson's 4.58 K/9 this year is better than what Buehrle posted in 2006, 2009, 2010, and 2015.

You do make a good point about league K rates. The median team K/9 for starting pitchers was 6.14 in 2000, and has risen to 7.76 so far this season.

That might have more to do with the change in bullpen usage (tending toward 3 innings of shutdown BP any game a team's ahead) than anything. I question whether starting pitchers' K/inning has increased proportionately.

Ubaldo NEEDS to go to the DL, hope he finds something in the minors. I would not cut him despite him looking like garbage, the potential is there.

It isn't his fault we keep marching him out there for automatic L each time. That is on the Orioles.

Agreed. Ubaldo needs to twist an ankle and soon.

If the FO released Gonzo because he was too expensive and they wanted to dump his salary -- no way will they be willing to eat up 2 years of Ubaldo's salary. Face it, we're stuck with him. Put Ubaldo in the pen and hope that Ramon Martinez can find a way to rehabilitate him.

I don't see the comparison.

They saved money by dumping Gonzo.

Cutting Ubaldo costs no money. They pay him exactly the same amount whether they keep him or cut him.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I also find Wilson's K rate to be discomforting, but Mark Buehrle had a nice career with a low

K rate. Wilson has a low BB rate and a high GB% going for him.

I don't see the comparison.

They saved money by dumping Gonzo.

Cutting Ubaldo costs no money. They pay him exactly the same amount whether they keep him or cut him.

Or, so they would have you believe. Doesn't make much sense to release him only to sign a guy comparable that cost them a pick and more money.

I think Cliff is broken and AJ's just done, but I may have that flipped.

I think AJ tore something last season and pitched through it for the Pirates.

I'd look it up but I'm posting Music right now and since neither are coming to Baltimore I don't care very much.

I think AJ tore something last season and pitched through it for the Pirates.

I'd look it up but I'm posting Music right now and since neither are coming to Baltimore I don't care very much.

Well, good thing you left out those pesky stats, you geek. :rolleyes:

Hellickson?

Well...he's kind of meh....but then again....kind of meh would be an improvement. If they can get him from Philly for not too much in return, I'd be good with it. At least he's pitched fairly competently in the AL East before.

Archived