What Moves Would You Make To Improve The Rotation?

crawjo

I like this, though I'm surprised you'd keep Wright in the rotation over Wilson.

Agreed. In what world does Mike Wright have better near-term potential for success than Tyler Wilson? Maybe I just don't like to see my starting pitcher snapping off

throw backs from the catcher and generally fuming every time he doesn't get a call. Mike's start on Sat. was a joke...of course I heard it on the radio and Joe Angel can be fairly humorous, so maybe it didn't look as painful as it sounded? For those of you out there crying about not having Gonzalez around, just remember that there is absolutely no guarantee he would be pitching decent for us - I think the DFA was a wake up call to a bubble pitcher with little kids at home who, but for the grace of the Chisox, would already be in Guadalajara. Let's check in on MiGo when he has at least 60 innings under his belt this year. The biggest fail of all: they didn't want to pay or give the respect to the horse that is/was Wei-Yin Chen.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed. In what world does Mike Wright have better near-term potential for success than Tyler Wilson? Maybe I just don't like to see my starting pitcher snapping off

throw backs from the catcher and generally fuming every time he doesn't get a call. Mike's start on Sat. was a joke...of course I heard it on the radio and Joe Angel can be fairly humorous, so maybe it didn't look as painful as it sounded? For those of you out there crying about not having Gonzalez around, just remember that there is absolutely no guarantee he would be pitching decent for us - I think the DFA was a wake up call to a bubble pitcher with little kids at home who, but for the grace of the Chisox, would already be in Guadalajara. Let's check in on MiGo when he has at least 60 innings under his belt this year. The biggest fail of all: they didn't want to pay or give the respect to the horse that is/was Wei-Yin Chen.

I can see the logic to the extent that Wright has better stuff than Wilson. Wilson's K rate is so abysmally low that I don't think he's got much of a future as a starter, and would not be starting for most teams in MLB. But Wilson also seems to me to be the safer bet in terms of not completely imploding. Also, I think Wright could potentially be a good asset out of the bullpen. Wilson seems to me to be AAA material.

First off he isn't holding onto his velocity very well, his stuff is deteriorating by his third inning of work.

Secondly I don't see them letting him go past 80 innings, probably less.

They mentioned 65 to 70 last week.

I'm missing how people are expecting Gallardo to stabalize the rotation? If anything I fully expect him to throw gas on the fire.

He's been in a significant decline since 2010 and had major red flags this off-season. There's a reason no teams where touching him. Hell, he even agreed to re-negotiate his post physical contract cause he had zero options other than Baltimore.

On top of that he's getting knocked around in single A rehab starts. Not that you should judge him on a rehab start, but it's certainly not encouraging.

I can see the logic to the extent that Wright has better stuff than Wilson. Wilson's K rate is so abysmally low that I don't think he's got much of a future as a starter, and would not be starting for most teams in MLB. But Wilson also seems to me to be the safer bet in terms of not completely imploding. Also, I think Wright could potentially be a good asset out of the bullpen. Wilson seems to me to be AAA material.

I don't get the same sense of impending doom with Wilson on the mound. Don't get me wrong, I think that he is a solid #5, but I like the way that he keeps his composure - he seems like the type who will figure it out at this level.

They mentioned 65 to 70 last week.

Innings for Bundy or velocity for Gallardo. I want to believe that Gallardo can get major leaguers out, but I haven't seen anything this season to show me otherwise. It will be interesting what Buck does if Gallardo is beat up in his rehab start tomorrow. I assume he gets promoted regardless.

Innings for Bundy or velocity for Gallardo. I want to believe that Gallardo can get major leaguers out, but I haven't seen anything this season to show me otherwise. It will be interesting what Buck does if Gallardo is beat up in his rehab start tomorrow. I assume he gets promoted regardless.

It isn't up to Buck.

I don't get the same sense of impending doom with Wilson on the mound. Don't get me wrong, I think that he is a solid #5, but I like the way that he keeps his composure - he seems like the type who will figure it out at this level.

I think he doesn't miss enough bats.

I think he is a good pitcher that has an idea what he wants to do that just doesn't have the pure stuff to succeed long term at this level.

I'd certainly rather watch him pitch than Ubaldo or Wright.

Wilson's K rate is so abysmally low that I don't think he's got

much of a future as a starter, and would not be starting for most teams in MLB.

I also find Wilson's K rate to be discomforting, but Mark Buehrle had a nice career with a low

K rate. Wilson has a low BB rate and a high GB% going for him.

I also find Wilson's K rate to be discomforting, but Mark Buehrle had a nice career with a low

K rate. Wilson has a low BB rate and a high GB% going for him.

Buehrle 5.1

Wilson 4.1

Also keep in mind the league K rate has been steadily climbing since Buehrle debuted in 2000.

Archived