Roster move coming

wildcard

Hardy completes his three day rehab tonight. So far so good. He could be activated Friday or Saturday. Janish has to be DFA'd. The hope is that he passes through waivers and accepts the assignment to Norfolk.

Manny's suspension means that Hardy will be at short and Flaherty at 3B for those two to four games. Pedro will backup 3B and Flaherty backs up SS while Manny is out.

Gallardo comes of the DL on Saturday. Seems like either Duensing goes or McFarland is optioned. My bet is McFarland is optioned.

These next two starts for Wilson and Wright are important to them staying with the team.

The pen is stressed with Bundy only used every 3 to 5 days and Ubaldo only uses in blow outs. Added workload for Britton, Brach, Givens, Despaingne and Duensing/McFarland.

Worley is not back until the 28th at the earliest.

I can see the Norfolk shuttle being active. Wright or Wilson pitch and then are optioned. Drake and Tolliver could be riding the shuttle.

With Janish's 40 man roster spot open and David Hale vulnerable to being DFA'd. Gunkel or Roe or Richard Rodriguez could be added to the shuttle.

Its not out of question to see Despaigne or Gunkel make a start as the shuttle bring more players into the mix.

JMO

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still say they should option Wilson or Wright and bring them back to pitch one of the DH games on June 25. It would allow them to keep an extra arm around for awhile. It would require giving Despaigne a start to make it work.

Even if they don't want to bring either pitcher back on the 25th they could still option one of them after their next start. A big issue is keeping Ubaldo in the pen. It will not be easy getting him work. They need to keep an extra spot in the pen if they can.

You could option Flaherty after JJ comes back and go with 13 pitchers indefinitely.

Buck will never do that.

Would be interested in seeing whether Chaz could give us again what he did at the beginning of last season.

DD doesn't like losing players. I see Flaherty getting optioned to AAA and Janish staying. Especially with the Manny suspension looming.

Two questions though;

1. Has it been announced when Manny is serving his suspension? I thought he was waiting until we played in NY to appeal

2. If we send Wilson or Wright down after there next start, then bring them back as the 26th man for the DH, does that reset their 10 days they must be in the minors?

DD doesn't like losing players. I see Flaherty getting optioned to AAA and Janish staying. Especially with the Manny suspension looming.

Two questions though;

1. Has it been announced when Manny is serving his suspension? I thought he was waiting until we played in NY to appeal

2. If we send Wilson or Wright down after there next start, then bring them back as the 26th man for the DH, does that reset their 10 days they must be in the minors?

I do not believe being allowed up for the 2nd game of DH, affect the 10 day in the minor rule.

I do not believe they have announced if Manny is going to appeal, we all thought he would on their last off day, and he didnt

I do not believe being allowed up for the 2nd game of DH, affect the 10 day in the minor rule.

I do not believe they have announced if Manny is going to appeal, we all thought he would on their last off day, and he didnt

Thanks. I think we'll definitely see some roster manuevering with the DH on the 25th and off days on the 23rd and 27th. Plus we'll be at home so it will be easier to shuttle guys around.

Sure, he can do that for a couple of innings in an emergency situation. Then you call up Flaherty when you really need him.

Doh. I see you are talking about the suspension. Yeah, not sure how the timing would work. The point being, you could get 8 arms in the bullpen with a 3-man bench, and Flaherty has options.

Manny would be serving his suspension now if he wasn't appealing. They haven't scheduled his hearing yet. Last time it took 3 weeks. Usually suspensions start within two days after hearing.

Doh. I see you are talking about the suspension. Yeah, not sure how the timing would work. The point being, you could get 8 arms in the bullpen with a 3-man bench, and Flaherty has options.
Your 3 man bench is Pena, Reimold, and who? You have to dump Rickard or Janish, as well as Flaherty. That leaves you out a UTIF or a 4th OF.

Archived