Manny starts Suspension Today

weams

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Manny: "All I can say is I wish whoever is making those opinions could step in the batter’s box and try to get hit by a 99-mph fastball."</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnolly2016) <a href="

">June 18, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is more like 7-8 from all the cases I looked at.

Odor got 8. MLB really.... they didn't clamp down on Ventura, make him miss two or three starts. Because 15, 20, 25, days is a MUCH greater hit to his salary than Manny's for four. But they spotlighted what a RICHARD Ventura is by only giving Manny 4 games. They showed who was in the wrong and in the right in this little episode. Manny pushing this to appeal would be biting the hand that feeds you.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Manny: "All I can say is I wish whoever is making those opinions could step in the batter’s box and try to get hit by a 99-mph fastball."</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnolly2016) <a href="

F-in A Right.

Odor got 8. MLB really.... they didn't clamp down on Ventura, make him miss two or three starts. Because 15, 20, 25, days is a MUCH greater hit to his salary than Manny's for four. But they spotlighted what a RICHARD Ventura is by only giving Manny 4 games. They showed who was in the wrong and in the right in this little episode. Manny pushing this to appeal would be biting the hand that feeds you.

I'd agree with you if they didn't go and reduce Ventura's suspension without a hearing.

Would break one or two of my little Hobbit ribs. ;)

Dave Johnson made this point as well. You are still paid during the suspension. You don't get fined as well as lose your pay.

I don't think that's right. You DO lose your salary, pro-rated to the total. Per days.

The salary doesn't get hit. The get fined but still get paid.

Flying to Texas in the midst of a home stand really sucks. Rest those knees and have him write an essay on optimal base running. Get it over with.

That's the only bright side. He gets a few days of rest. He sure wouldn't get the rest any other way.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Buck on Manny suspension: "A good player doing good things and we won?t have him for four days because somebody hit him with a pitch."</p>? Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

No, he is serving a suspension for charging the mound, Buck.

Archived