Options for Wednesday start?

bpilktree

I wonder if they are going to go with a starter or maybe a bullpen game. The day off on Thursday so we can use everyone. If we get two good starts or don't use pen much i think they go with a bullpen type game.

As of right now it looks like Ubaldo or Bundy are the choices. Despaigne went two today and Gunkel started so he is not an option.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gunkel threw 5 innings today in Norfolk, McFarland scheduled tomorrow. If that holds they're both out.

Despaigne pitched out of the bullpen today. He could be part of a bullpen game...

It would almost have to be Ubaldo unless somebody is DFA'd.

Gunkel threw 5 innings today in Norfolk' date=' McFarland scheduled tomorrow. If that holds they're both out.

Despaigne pitched out of the bullpen today. He could be part of a bullpen game...

It would almost have to be Ubaldo unless somebody is DFA'd.[/quote']

I wouldn't be surprised if TJ is held back.

Gunkel threw 5 innings today in Norfolk' date=' McFarland scheduled tomorrow. If that holds they're both out.

It would almost have to be Ubaldo unless somebody is DFA'd.[/quote']

Although I agree for the most part that Bundy will not see many starts this year, however if he isn't needed tomorrow this might be a spot where he could start with them limiting his pitches to 55-60. If that is three, four, or in a best-case scenario five innings. Then followed by Despaine, Ulbado, etc, kind a depending where the game is at that point.

I wonder if they are going to go with a starter or maybe a bullpen game. The day off on Thursday so we can use everyone. If we get two good starts or don't use pen much i think they go with a bullpen type game.

As of right now it looks like Ubaldo or Bundy are the choices. Despaigne went two today and Gunkel started so he is not an option.

I don't think that Ubaldo is ready to make another start right now. His last appearance (in relief) was a disaster. The last thing that we need, especially at OPACY, is another Ubaldo implosion.

Try Bundy on a limited pitch count. Then Buck can use the bullpen to finish the game.

Seems like the options are;

McFarland

Gunkel

Despaine

anyone else?

McFarland is in the minors and can't be brought up for 10 days [exceptions: someone goes on the DL, or being brought up as the 26th man for a doubleheader which does not apply Wednesday].

Despaigne went over an inning today. Does t mean he can't go Wednesday but it seems to indicate Buck isn't thinking that way. If he makes the trip to Texas I would say that is a strong indicator it's not him.

I honestly think it might be Ubaldo getting another chance. I know folks will hate that.

But...we are in fact 6-7 in his starts, so it's not like he dooms us to a loss. We are one of the top 5 best home teams in baseball. We have the way better lineup and better bullpen than San Diego. And they are starting some crappy 4A guy against us. Buck might think he can get away with a Ubaldo start and still win, as long as it isn't the totally bad start he had in Toronto. San Diego is no Toronto.

And we just might pull it off.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

If they are going to do a bullpen game anyway why not start it with Ubaldo? Just yank him as soon as he gets in trouble.

Hmm....I'd prefer to go;

Bundy 3 IP

Givens 2 IP

Brach 2 IP

Britton 2 IP

This assumes the O's don't wear those guys out on Tuesday. Keep Ubaldo on the bench unless things go south. And obviously you only use Givens, Brach & Britton if the game is close when they are up to come in.

Hmm....I'd prefer to go;

Bundy 3 IP

Givens 2 IP

Brach 2 IP

Britton 2 IP

This assumes the O's don't wear those guys out on Tuesday. Keep Ubaldo on the bench unless things go south. And obviously you only use Givens, Brach & Britton if the game is close when they are up to come in.

I"d start Despiagne followed by Bundy and Gyvens

Archived