vs. RANGERS, 6/20

Sessh

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Stephen Strasburg has been scratched from tonight's start with an upper back strain. Yusmeiro Petit will start instead. Woah.</p>— Chelsea Janes (@chelsea_janes) <a href="

">June 21, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Miguel Gonzalez up to 6 scoreless IP for White Sox. 2 hits, 1 walk, 76 pitches. White Sox have provided him with a 1-0 lead.</p>— Colleen Kane (@ChiTribKane) <a href="

">June 21, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• the question isn’t about being able to make the offers, it’s about being awarded compensatory picks for more than one.
    • I don’t consider a 4 o’clock game a night game. He also caught Wednesday night and Thursday day this week. Moral of the story is McCann will start 4 games in 7 days because he is Burnes preferred catcher.
    • It is absolutely possible. In 2022, the Mets gave a QO to Bassitt, Nikki, and DeGrom. The Red Sox gave a QO to Boegarts and Eovaldi. The Yankees gave a QO to Judge and Rizzo. The Dodgers gave a QO to Turner and Anderson. I know that it seems to be a foregone conclusion that Santander will not be on the team after this season, and while I generally agree that it is more probable than not that he will not be re-signed, I do think there is a non-zero chance that he will be retained. I think he is the most likely of Mullins, Hays, and himself to be retained, even if it is a small chance. The team has told us how they feel about his bat because he plays essentially everyday, and I have heard Kostka say that they value his clubhouse presence.
    • Santander won’t get a QO, and if he did, he would accept. His defense is declining and we have too many capable youngsters who should replace him effectively. But to your question, I don’t know if there’s a limit, but I doubt it.
    • O's will probably have to wait till July for a trade because there are so many more buyers than sellers.  I think teams like the Blue Jays, Rays Tigers and Mets are likely to be sellers but they are still in the race although not very good teams as constituted. 
    • No Scott. He’s way too undependable. We need someone who WON’T enter a game and walk folks like he’s promoting a healthy lifestyle. He’s been a lot bette4 this season, but he’s too undependable, and we already have too many of those. No Flaherty either. That’s like taking your GF back after she cheated on you.
    • The team's continued success has really put Elias on the spot IMO and I don't see a Flaherty type as an option anymore.  My money is on a sensible trade that comes at a price high enough that most of us here, including myself, won't like, but a premium comes with having bad luck and that's where the O's are at the moment.
  • Popular Contributors