We've missed Manny the last two days IMO

Frobby

I love how the high horsemen act like Manny deliberated over whether to charge the mound . It was a knee jerk reaction in the heat of the moment, much like George Brett charging the ump in the pine tar incident. I guess the horsemen never had any heat in their tepid moments. I'm glad Manny plays with passion.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We missed his glove for sure and we missed his presence in the lineup. Im pretty sure he'd have been a better bat than Trumbo who was just ghastly vs the Padres.For those who thought Manny "had to rush the mound" for his respect...remember what it cost us. I said it at the time and I'll say it again. The brawl was silly and selfish on Manny's part and he shouldve been in more control of his emotions.

I don't think I'd call it "silly" or "selfish," but I'd go with "shortsighted." I'm thankful he only got four games, I thought it would be worse. Hopefully we can pull out the win today and minimize the damage.

Chris Davis doesn't charge the mound. Does that make him a punk that doesn't stand up for himself? His reaction was enough. Manny is the only guy on this team that charges the mound in that situation and because he

didn't use his brain, he costs his team four games of production.

[video=youtube;eCVeTh18mCs]

Chris Davis doesn't charge the mound. Does that make him a punk that doesn't stand up for himself? His reaction was enough. Manny is the only guy on this team that charges the mound in that situation and because he

Batters have charged the mound, long before Manny did it.

[video=youtube;VIZB9O24BEE]

[video=youtube;eCVeTh18mCs]

CD is 30 Manny 23. Also different temperments Even so CD came close to going after him . If the bat he tossed had hit the ump he would have been tossed.

Roy,

I respect your knowledge of the game and mostly agree with you, since you are an old school guy and been around the game for a long time.

At some point, you have to stand up for yourself. Ventura is a punk that throws at people, his own teammates are tried of his act.

Buck doesn't believe in payback pitches, rightly so.

Manny didn't take a bat with him, and you know when Buck and Manny had their talk in the dugout and warning Manny, you have to think this ran through Buck's mind and a possibility.

Looking at the glass is half full, it gave him some much needed rest to his legs.

In a vacuum I agree with you, Rick. But what permanent lesson has Ventura learned from this? None, because MLB refuses to teach him one (he was effectively suspended for only one quarter of the total games that Manny was, since he effectively got a one game suspension). Until MLB brings the hammer down on Ventura, I'm sure we'll have an occurrence or two every year where Ventura flings a baseball at someone.

Manny really doesn't have the ability to impact Ventura that way (and do you really think Manny's first changed Ventura going forward? I sure don't). Only the league truly has the ability to inflict a punishment upon him that he'll appreciate.

In a vacuum I agree with you, Rick. But what permanent lesson has Ventura learned from this? None, because MLB refuses to teach him one (he was effectively suspended for only one quarter of the total games that Manny was, since he effectively got a one game suspension). Until MLB brings the hammer down on Ventura, I'm sure we'll have an occurrence or two every year where Ventura flings a baseball at someone.

Manny really doesn't have the ability to impact Ventura that way (and do you really think Manny's first changed Ventura going forward? I sure don't). Only the league truly has the ability to inflict a punishment upon him that he'll appreciate.

The league has never stepped in and policed themselves, as one would hope they would.

Pitcher suspensions have always impacted them less, than position players.

I doubt you have to wait a season or two, this is Ventura 2nd brawl this season.

I'm late to the party but driving around today I was thinking the exact same thing....what if. It definitely hurt big time not having him in there.

Manny is so valuable it is ridiculous, could easily be looking at a 4 game win streak right now if he is in lineup.

Archived