Recent bullpen woes

Frobby

Mike was optioned back to AAA on June 18th.

Buck mentioned him in the press conference that Duensing would most likely go on DL and then they would bring up someone and that it didn't have to be a guy down 10 days pretty much saying Wright will be added today.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This may have been mentioned in masn as well but I didn't see it.

It's not easy, the veteran lefty said. There's been a couple guys that are probably pretty tired, and we're not even halfway through the season.

There are some guys that have thrown some innings, and some stressful innings too, Britton said. Going out there in big situations and doing a good job. But it's part of the gig when you're a reliever and we understand that. Hopefully we'll get through a stretch where we can give some guys a breather.

Buck mentioned him in the press conference that Duensing would most likely go on DL and then they would bring up someone and that it didn't have to be a guy down 10 days pretty much saying Wright will be added today.

I thought Drake was added for this, and they used Janish's slot in the roster.

Toliver.

Yeah. The bullpen needed the most help. There was no one left.

Agreed that they're really missing O'Day, and to a lesser extent, Worley. Anyone know when they're expected back?

Worley is eligible to come off the DL the 28th.

O'Day is anyone's guess. I have a sneaking suspicion it's going to be of the 60 day variety. The O's are really remaining mum over it. And O'Day has been pretty pessimistic.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Brian Duensing will have elbow surgery on Friday. Will remove cartilage. Hopes to be back Aug. 1. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a></p>— Rich Dubroff (@RichDubroffCSN) <a href="

">June 22, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

O'Day is anyone's guess. I have a sneaking suspicion it's going to be of the 60 day variety.

I seriously doubt it. He's throwing off flat ground now and Buck said he was feeling better a couple of days ago. http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2016/06/showalter-pregame-on-oday-and-the-challenge-of-the-texas-trip.html

As a usual Buck defender, I don't buy his management of the pen in yesterday's game. Seems like a lot of saving face. So Brach is so worn out that he couldn't go yesterday, but today he goes 2 IP(35 pitches).

Then Britton pitches in back to back non save situations.

Buck gambled with Givens last night and lost.

O'Day is anyone's guess. I have a sneaking suspicion it's going to be of the 60 day variety. The O's are really remaining mum over it. And O'Day has been pretty pessimistic.

I guess the plan would be to get a lot out of Drake this weekend and replace him with Worley.

I seriously doubt it. He's throwing off flat ground now and Buck said he was feeling better a couple of days ago. http://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2016/06/showalter-pregame-on-oday-and-the-challenge-of-the-texas-trip.html

Buck said O'Day will throw off the half-mound tomorrow. With any luck he'll be on a rehab assignment by mid-week next week.

Archived