I propose a contest...

bluedog

My favorite thing as an O's fan is when they win and Boston, New York, Toronto and the Rays all lose. Assuming the Red Sox don't come back against Texas, we'll have one of those days today.

I think there should be a term in baseball for when a team wins and all their divisional opponents lose on the same day. And I think we should come up with this term here on OH and then keep using it until it becomes "a thing". In fact, Roy can probably spread it around to some people in the media and popularize it for us. :D

So I propose a contest - let's see who can come up with the best term or phrase for this.

I'll start by proposing:

Div slap (I know someone else can do better - but its the best I came up with on short notice!)

Used in a sentence: "With the Orioles div slap on Sunday opening up a 4 game lead over the rest of the division, there can be no doubt they are currently the team to beat in the AL East."

Division flush - like getting all aces in your hand in cards.

Mind you, the stat is not very meaningful, because if any two other teams in your division are playing each other, it's impossible to do this because one of the two teams will win.

Nice. How about a "Rival Flush".

Here's a list:

Womper - This can be used as, "The Orioles pulled off the old Womper today." Meaning, all the other teams in the division were a bunch of 'womp womps.'

B.Y.T.T. Bite - This uses an acronym for our division rivals that sounds like 'bit' and pairs it with the fact that they all totally bite the big one.

McNasty - Simply put, we were just too McNasty for everyone else today.

Boomshakawootwoot - Self explanatory.

Girardi-freude.

(/ˈGi-RAR-dee-frɔɪdᵊ/; German: [ˈʃaːdn̩ˌfʁɔɪdə]) is pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others.[1] This word is taken from German and literally means "harm-joy". It is the feeling of joy or pleasure when one sees another fail or suffer misfortune. It is also borrowed by some other languages. An English term of similar meaning (but with no noun equivalent) is "to gloat"; which means to feel, or express, great, often malicious, pleasure, or self-satisfaction, at one's own success, or at another's failure.[2]

Here's a list:

Womper - This can be used as, "The Orioles pulled off the old Womper today." Meaning, all the other teams in the division were a bunch of 'womp womps.'

B.Y.T.T. Bite - This uses an acronym for our division rivals that sounds like 'bit' and pairs it with the fact that they all totally bite the big one.

McNasty - Simply put, we were just too McNasty for everyone else today.

Boomshakawootwoot - Self explanatory.

I'd pay a very large sum of money to hear Buck say "We pulled of a good boomshakawootwoot today" in a presser. Seriously, the O's should start a kick-starter campaign to fund it. I'm in.

Archived