Eduardo Rodriguez, pitching like an Oriole prospect

weams

I am sure he would like it better than Boston where they scream at him and boo him.

What the heck was that about? Never seen that before. What was Pedroia doing? Pulling a Cal and calling pitches from the IF???

It's a tough time for DD bashers. O's are 15 over with a 4.5 gm lead. EdRod is getting ran out of BOS. Many more positives. I hope BOS includes EdRod in a trade, to a non division rival, so I can root for him. The EdRod nickname is cursed.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Criticizing the trade from the Orioles end is pretty stupid. The Orioles were a first place team trying to sure up the pen to win a championship, while ERod was struggling mightily in the minors and was not going to help the major league team anytime soon, if ever.

Dan did the smart thing and saw an opportunity to possibly win a championship, and got the best arm he could for ERod at the time considering his trending down/terrible performance in the minors. Anyone from the Orioles side criticizing the move probably isn't the brightest bulb in the pack.

I would not say EdRod was trending down when we traded him. He had an injury early in the year, spent five weeks on the DL, struggled a bit after returning, but rebounded pretty well and had a 3.67 ERA in his final 8 starts before the trade. His season to that point was a mild disappointment but I don't think he had materially damaged his status as a top-100 prospect in MLB.

I'm not sure what the cause is of his current struggles, but remember he started this year on the DL and I think the Sox rushed him back a little because they were desperate. It certainly won't surprise me if he gets his act together in Pawtucket and returns to Boston and pitches as he did last year. But it may take a little while, and hopefully Boston continues to lose ground to the O's in the meantime.

One of the MASN dudes said that Chris Lee might just have the best arm in the entire organization.

The best arm in the organization is only striking out 3.33 per 9 in AA at just about 24 years old. I don't have high hopes for him at this point.

The best arm in the organization is only striking out 3.33 per 9 in AA at just about 24 years old. I don't have high hopes for him at this point.

You cherry picked that stat.

He was 6.2 last season in AA.

Number 6 in the org according to Baseball America, so I wouldn't write him off, just let.

I legitimately have no idea how his strikeout rate is so ridiculously low with his velocity having an uptick over the last 2 years. Couple that with a decreasing hit rate, decreasing walk rate and some of the best WHIP of his MiLB career...and it's just weird.

I legitimately have no idea how his strikeout rate is so ridiculously low with his velocity having an uptick over the last 2 years. Couple that with a decreasing hit rate, decreasing walk rate and some of the best WHIP of his MiLB career...and it's just weird.

Probably just a fluke and doesn't seam consistent with his previous metrics.

As long as his walk ratio is lower than his K ratio, that's half the battle right there. :)

You cherry picked that stat.

He was 6.2 last season in AA.

Number 6 in the org according to Baseball America, so I wouldn't write him off, just let.

6.2 is also bad. I just can't get excited about a nearly 24 year old with a 4.50 FIP at AA.

When we traded for Miller did we know we were going to the playoffs without Manny and Davis?

No. The Miller trade was on July 31. Manny suffered his season-ending injury on Aug. 11, and Davis received his suspension in late September.

Archived