The Seattle series, June 30 - July 3

Frobby

Honestly I was expecting this thread to be the epicenter of sky falling propaganda.

On a scale of 1 to JTrea I'd say it's only a 4. Not to bad.

Or maybe the holiday has mellowed the hangout, for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quite possibly the worst single series Ive seen the Orioles play in about a decade.

It was ugly, for sure, but I'd much rather suffer through this type of bludgeoning than have seen Britton blow a couple of 9th-inning leads and lose a couple of nail-biters. Those are the types of losses that stick with a team, where your biggest strength fails to come through. Our starting pitching was awful - who knew?! This series is kinda like, "OK, we just got our butts kicked, let's do the same to the Dodgers, like we did to most teams pre-Seattle"... None of these losses were gut-punches, IMO.

Quite possibly the worst single series Ive seen the Orioles play in about a decade. This is a series was something out of the Dave Trembly era, but I wouldnt want to insult Dave Trembly.

Its bad enough that the pitching was across the board horrible, with poor pitch strategy, poor defense, mental lapses and gaffes.

The hitters gave little thought or approach except to "swing away". The Adam Jones bunt today was ridiculous. A hobbled JJ Hardy was at third. What was Adam thinking?

I dont know that the Orioles have many options. They cant go with Wilson again. They have no answer for Ubaldo's ineptitude. Tillman has been mediocre at best, and only Gausman was serviceable.

The fact is, the Orioles are a poor road team and play into the hands of the home crowd and emotion.Schoop's at bat today, where a simple base hit wouldve tied the game was atrocious. Just swing at anything...mostly out of the strike zone.

Sure, the Orioles will play better. They really couldnt have played much worse, but the stark reality is that they just dont have the pitching to be a real contender in the long run.

The Orioles look great against teams that are awful. When they play a decent team on the road(even the Mariners are basically a .500 team) the Orioles just dont match up.

I dont know if its mental toughness, or smarts or, awareness, but this team fails over and over again and gets caught in a landslide of failure.And yet, theyre still in first place.

For now.

I dont like the odds that they will stay there.

Come on Roy. Tell us how you really feel. :) But you're right, we really sucked in that series.

Still can't beat good teams on the road.

I hope our pitching coach wears a ski mask when he cashes his paycheck every 2 weeks.

I do not think a pitching coach just loses his ability to teach/watch/adjust when the team he is coaching goes on the road.

Archived