Will Adam Jones finish his career as an Oriole?

terpfan101

Will Adam Jones finish his career as an Oriole?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Will Adam Jones finish his career as an Oriole?

• Yes
    • No

Adam after a slow start has come around in a big way lately. I really like him as a player and would like to see him finish his career as an Oriole. However with all of the decisions the team will need to make in the next several years (Wieters, Tillman, Machado, Schoop, Britton) and Davis being inked to a huge contract, I'm wondering whether they'll be able to afford Jones when his contract is up after 2018. Assuming he keeps up his production with an OPS around .800 the next 2.5 seasons, he'd be a free agent at the age of 33. What sort of deal do you think he'd get at that point? Not sure I'd feel good about anything longer than 4 years at that point taking him through his age 37 season. What's the rest of his career even look like as far as 4th OF, moving from CF, etc? Certainly can't envision him playing elsewhere.

At the end his current contract in 2018, he'll be 33 years old. I think it's a pretty good chance he finds a team willing to give him a longer and more lucrative contract than the Orioles will. Whether or not he takes it is another story I guess, but If I had to wager now, I'd say he's playing elsewhere in 2019.

Depends a little on what happens with Machado (FA after 2018), Tillman (FA after 2017) and maybe Schoop (who is not a FA until after the 2019 season but could be signed before then). There's only so much money to go around. However, PA or his sons will probably make an effort to sign Jones, who has meant a lot to the city, and not just on the field.

Depends a little on what happens with Machado (FA after 2018), Tillman (FA after 2017) and maybe Schoop (who is not a FA until after the 2019 season but could be signed before then). There's only so much money to go around. However, PA or his sons will probably make an effort to sign Jones, who has meant a lot to the city, and not just on the field.

4 teams are now over 200+ million in payroll and one of those is 250+.

Its crazy to think what payroll will be in 2018.

The Angelos family has always taken care of their fan favs/faces of the franchise. Of course there is always a cap. But look at what they did w/ Davis, Markakis (up until the neck issue), Hardy, Jones first contract, O'Day, etc.

I think they'll end up talking extension at the end of this year, personally.

The big curveball here, however, is Duquette and Buck are signed through 2018. Buck is up there in age (60, will be 62 at end of contract) and I think Duquette is as good as gone considering he's been courted before and showed interest back.

Archived