Erbe rocked; Hernandez rolling

Frobby

BA had him ranked 15, Scout.com has him ranked 13, Baseball Propectus had him ranked 10 before the trade. Oriole Hangout had him ranked 13th, so I don't think you can call him a sleeper.

I think that is exactly the kind of prospect you label a sleeper. Is he the 13th best player in this organization?

I think that is exactly the kind of prospect you label a sleeper. Is he the 13th best player in this organization?

When those rankings were done, yes, Hernandez was in the 10-15 prospect range. In fact, at the end of this year he still may be. Before this year Hernandez has never consistently dominated any level he was at. He'll have streaks of brilliance then lose control and get shelled. However, he did make a few adjustments last year that could lead him to have a break out year. If he does continue pitching like he has been then of course he will jump up maybe even as high as 7 with his mid 90's heater and high K/9.

So far so good and his current numbers are impressive but he definitely needs to show consistency this year for him to crack the top 10.

5/13 start was a good start. It seams that he didn't have much command even though he didn't walk any batters and had 7 k's in 6 inning of work. What does bothers me, the 2 HR's(the only only runs he allowed) that he gave up.

IP  H R ER BB SO HR ERA 6.0 6 2 2  0  7  2  2.98 

5/13 start was a good start. It seams that he didn't have much command even though he didn't walk any batters and had 7 k's in 6 inning of work. What does bothers me, the 2 HR's(the only only runs he allowed) that he gave up.
IP  H R ER BB SO HR ERA 6.0 6 2 2  0  7  2  2.98 

Why do you say his command was bad? In any event, a very solid start.

Why do you say his command was bad? In any event, a very solid start.

He was behind on most hitters and threw alot of pitches. But I guess he threw strikes when it counted. BTW, is that gun at Bowie fast because he did hit 96mph several times?

Archived